The Pricing & Promotions Manager will lead a small team responsible for developing and driving Meraki’s approach to pricing & promotions globally. From a pricing perspective, this will involve facilitating competitive pricing assessments, price elasticity experiments, discount tracking and a variety of other metrics that would enable strategic decision making across the organization. This body of work will inextricably be tied to the work around promotions, which will require adopting a portfolio optimization mindset when it comes to the selection & continuous evaluation of promotions the team launches.
As leader of this team, the Manager will drive a culture of strong problem solving, coach a team of high achievers to hone their analytical skills, work closely with senior leadership to identify and assess key product challenges and strategically recommend pricing action where appropriate to address them. This team will collaborate closely with our Marketing, Channels, Sales, Finance, Business Operations and equivalent Cisco Strategy function(s) to drive a standardized approach to Pricing & Promotions across the organization.
In addition to leading the team, the Manager will also work closely with cross-functional leaders in the organization to secure alignment on our Pricing & Promotions Strategy and also work with key Cisco leaders to ensure Meraki is embedded into broader Promotional efforts.
- Manage the Pricing & Promotions team to deliver on core responsibilities
- Help evolve our selection and evaluation process for Global & Regional Promotions
- Develop a Pricing Strategy for Meraki to help inform key business decisions:
- Define the key areas of pricing analysis across our product portfolio
- Formalize analysis into recurring pricing review meetings with our Senior Leadership
- Drive recommendations around pricing actions to drive key business outcomes
- Build trusted relationships with Regional Sales & Business Unit Leaders in order to drive adoption of our Strategy around pricing & promotions
- Ensure close collaboration with key Meraki functions to streamline execution and management of promotions
- Coach the team team to drive best practice execution across problem solving & structuring, analysis, communications, and project management
- Imbue the team with a data-driven approach to pricing & promotions
- Able to drive change across the organization
- A highly analytical thinker
- An excellent problem solver
- An excellent storyteller, able to break down complex analysis into digestible pieces
- A data-driven individual, able to reconcile and make sense of data from multiple sources
- Extremely detail oriented
- Passionate about technology and the opportunity to transform an industry through disruption
- A coach for high potential strategists that can advise on hard and soft skills as well as counsel on long-term career objectives
- Comfortable engaging senior leadership and able to push challenging conversations in a non-confrontational style
- Comfortable with ambiguity and bringing structure to situations where little to none exists as of yet
- Positive and have a can-do attitude and a sense of humor
- Able to prioritize and accurately manage multiple projects with a high degree of organization
- Resilient, optimistic, and passionate about our business results while never compromising team relationship
What we’re looking for in you:
- 6-8 years of experience in a finance, consulting or other highly analytical role, with at least 1-2 years of managing teams in that context
- Experience conducting pricing work in a B2B setting, ideally in a 2-Tier Distribution Model environment
- Exceptional problem solving skills: demonstrated ability to structure complex problems, develop solutions, and craft compelling presentations to senior management
- Comfortable creating frameworks and process to drive consistent execution across the team
- Expert in creating strong PowerPoint presentations that communicate complex thoughts in simple messages
- Expert in creating complex Excel models, with ability to teach best practices to others
- Interest in and ability to understand networking and cloud technologies
- Interest in and ability to understand interplay between business functions, and then to work collaboratively across those functions to drive results
- Strong analytical and logical reasoning skills
- Project management experience and skillset
- Experience with Salesforce.com a plus
- Experience with SQL and other data query platforms a plus
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.