Manager, Strategic Finance, Caviar at DoorDash
The Strategic Finance team is responsible for accelerating the growth of our business by identifying and implementing new opportunities and solutions. We partner with teams across the company to improve the profitability, scalability and defensibility of our business model. We’re looking to hire strategic thinkers who can model the future, solve complex problems, and collaborate effectively to help carry projects from conception through execution. In a typical day, you may extract insights from data, build business cases for new products, and work cross-functionally to design and launch pilots. In this role you’ll have the rare opportunity to help define and lead some of the most impactful initiatives we undertake as a company.About the Role
We are looking for an experienced Manager who will work as a member of DoorDash’s Strategic Finance team specifically on the Caviar business unit. This role will partner with all areas of the Caviar organization as well as experts in the overall DoorDash organization in order to support strategic business and financial decisions.
You are a manager, a mentor, and a doer, providing financial leadership and analytical support to business partners and other members of the Finance team. The Manager of Strategic Finance will be responsible for managing the financial analysis and reporting that enhances executive management’s decision making and effectiveness in achievement of Caviar’s financial and overall business goals.You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Assist management in formulating strategic and long-term comprehensive business plans
- Track and analyze key business/financial KPIs, uncover trends and assess current/future business risks and opportunities
- Construct detailed financial models to support the investment decision-making process
- Work closely with the Sr. Director of Strategic Finance to ensure the appropriate and effective financial infrastructure is in place to accommodate the company’s current business requirements as well as future needs
- Help to develop financial management mechanisms that minimize financial risk
- Strong communication skills - numbers are key, but a business is built with people
- Cross-functional relationships and effective communication to non-financial audiences are critical to make an impact
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, combined with impeccable business judgement and ability to communicate with management team
- Expert financial modeler. Your models are efficient, scalable and intuitive. We generally switch between Excel and SQL depending on the need -- Excel for simpler analyses & outputs, and SQL to run simulations at the delivery or customer level.
- A resourceful, action-oriented individual who possesses a proactive sense of urgency, and who knows how to overcome obstacles to get things done in a timely fashion
- Attention to detail meets high output - we need to do things quickly and we need to do them well
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. In late 2019, DoorDash acquired Caviar who has built an incredible and very similar business focused on premium merchants in select geographies. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.