Quantitative Credit Risk Analyst at Earnest
Earnest empowers people with the financial capital they need to live better lives.
We're an accomplished team of technology, finance, and design geeks who believe consumer lending can be radically improved and are doing something about it. We are disrupting the trillion dollar student loan industry by redefining what it means to be creditworthy. We created a company that combines data science, streamlined design, and technology to:
- Build products that simplify the lending process
- Personalize loans to suit the needs of our customers
- Engage with our customers through more human experiences
Our culture is one that values transparency and blameless problem solving. Earnest has a strong track record of employee growth and career progression. Earnies are empathetic, product-focused, proactive, and curious.
The Risk and Portfolio (R&P) team is an essential function at Earnest, whose primary mission is to produce insights into the performance of and risks inherent in all our loan portfolios and develop recommendations to minimize risks and maximize return. As the Quantitative Credit Risk Analyst, you will report to the CFO and you will:
- Identify key risk characteristics for all of our loan products and develop dashboards supporting risk trends and analyses on those characteristics
- Collaborate with the Analytics team to develop and monitor loss expectations for each of our loan products as well as establish risk policies for those products
- Identify and lead projects that create risk mitigation and profit maximizing strategies for Earnest loan products
Ideal background and expertise:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business, or related field
- Relevant work experience in a data-centric role ((e.g. investment banking, financial/risk modeling, pricing, management consulting, etc.)
- Expertise in financial modeling and standards of practice
- Ability to use R or Python in an analytical environment and have a solid understanding of SQL
Earnest Perks & Benefits:
- Health, Dental, & Vision benefits plus savings plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 401(k) plan to help you save for retirement plus a company match
- Tuition reimbursement program
- $1000 flight on each Earnie-versary to anywhere in the world and 25 days of annual PTO
Earnest provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance.