If you’re a proactive and self-motivated Revenue Manager and CPA, this is the role for you. Strong knowledge of US GAAP, revenue systems, and as well as the ability to interact with all levels of management and cross-functional teams, both internally and externally.You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Work cross functionally with Technical accounting, Finance, Legal, Sales, Sales Operations, AR, AP, IT, and various business owners on policies, processes, and programs, and help drive key system initiatives and improvements
- Lead operational improvement initiatives to further streamline revenue tasks and shorten the revenue close calendar
- Perform monthly revenue accounting close responsibilities, including but not limited to: GAAP revenue analysis, cost of revenue analysis, accounts receivable reconciliations, review journal entries, and review close package deliverables
- Work with the Product and Engineering teams to continuously improve our daily Revenue Reconciliation process and manage reconciliation analysis with the help of the analytics team.
- Maintain documentation on accounting for the company’s incentives programs and periodic updates to the revenue recognition policies as new products are launched and with new methods of delivery
- Responsible for review of month-end close activities including reconciliation of receivables, unearned revenue, and transactional revenue in accordance with ASC 606
- Analyze and draft initial revenue considerations for platform/product tests and new planned releases
- Ad hoc analyses and projects as assigned
- 5+ years total experience in revenue accounting and public accounting (ideal candidate will have Big 4 and corporate experience)
- A bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field, CPA Required
- Prior management experience is required
- Advanced knowledge of US GAAP, ASC 606 Revenue Recognition required; knowledge of IFRS a plus
- Intermediate/advanced Excel skills and ability to work with large volumes of transactional data, SQL a plus
- Self-motivated and self-managed - able to think independently, creatively, and opportunistically
- Get-it-done mindset - able to handle diverse workload and multiple deadlines well, humble and scrappy!
- Balance between attention to detail and swift execution
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and ability to adapt to changing work environments.
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.