Revenue Recognition Manager (Gross Accounting/Inventory Management) at Wish
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
What you'll be doing:
- Manage the revenue recognition process for the Company’s revenues presenting on a gross basis, including driving the implementation of the Company’s revenue recognition related internal controls.
- Oversight of the company’s revenue recognition and cost of revenue accounting, including the research and evaluation of non-standard transactions, reviewing accruals, journal entries, account reconciliations, and ensuring policy compliance.
- Review reports with analytical analysis of revenue, cost and deferrals that support current period trends, balances, and future financial impacts.
- Partner closely with teams supporting the Company’s other revenue streams through non-routine transaction, monthly close activities, and to identify and implement process/system improvements within the quote-to-cash ecosystem.
- Partner with Logistics and Warehouse Ops in providing oversight and audit control over multiple warehouses to ensure that inventory transactions are completed accurately and timely.
- Review significant book-to-physical adjustments and inter-entity transfers.
- Prepare or review the quarterly / annual reserve calculations.
- Strengthen internal controls, enhance processes around revenue and related processes to accelerate close activities while maintaining accuracy and integrity in financial reporting.
- Collaborate with SOX & Internal Audit and external auditors around key control documentation and evidence compliance requirements, and changes in internal control design as processes evolve.
- Serve as the key contact with external auditors for quarterly reviews and year-end audits, including discussing technical revenue accounting assessment and internal control findings.
- Partner with Service Operations and FP&A teams to improve precision around revenue forecasting and metrics analyses, and development of revenue recognition policies.
- Support ad hoc projects, including systems implementation and revenue process improvements related to revenue transformation.
- A solid understanding of gross versus net considerations under ASC 606.
- BA/BS/Master’s in Accounting or equivalent work experience, with a CPA license preferred but is not required.
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience, with a minimum of 2 years’ in a Manager role (Experience in the retail/e-commerce industry is preferred).
- An individual who can gather, summarize and analyze a significant amount of transactional data and make reasonable conclusions that facilitate key accounting and business decisions.
- Technical understanding of US GAAP relating to ASC606, and can summarize the proper accounting treatment and processes in related memo’s, process workflows and process narratives.
- Strong understanding of cost accounting systems and the related control environment, with experience in implementing systems preferred. Able to manage multiple priorities and work cross-functionally with other departments.
- Able to thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment where change is constant.
- Experience with NetSuite or similar ERP system.
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.