Revenue Recognition Manager at Udemy
!Sorry, this job was removed at 3:07 a.m. (PST) on Wednesday, February 5, 2020
You dive in to understand and act on all activities associated with a hyper-growth SaaS business. You are humble and curious. You have an understanding of Enterprise SaaS dynamics and can build bridges and work cross functionally in a complex and global organization matrix and can contribute into effective scalable processes. You possess a strong collaborative approach and are able to build effective relationships with cross-functional departments to provide timely and accurate revenue and receivables/collections guidance. You seek to understand the business justifications, KPIs, initiatives and blockers. You have strong organizational and communication skills and are able to balance competing priorities. You take initiative and are able to work in a dynamic environment across all levels of management and across functions and geographies. You are confident, energetic, demonstrate good judgment and are able to influence outcomes globally.
About the Role:
Role involves collaborating with Sales, Sales Ops, Legal, IT and Finance teams to guide on sales transactions & programs proactively so as to enable revenue recognition as soon as possible while remaining fully compliant with and US GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and company policies. Develop strong and collaborative working relationships with the leaders in the sales, product, IT and legal departments; maintain ongoing and constant communication with key stakeholders to provide revenue recognition compliant, timely billing and collectionsDevelop and maintain internal controls for revenue recognition, billing and collections and lead continuous review and improvement of revenue systems and business processes.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work with Sales, Sales Operations and Legal during contract negotiations and provide guidance on deal structuring to ensure proper revenue recognition.
- Provide revenue recognition guidance and training to cross-functional organizations including sales, legal, accounting/finance.
- Liaison with External auditors, present significant item updates, supporting documentation for the quarterly reviews and year-end audits.
- Review reconciliations and other processes within the revenue close process.
- Oversight of accounts receivable operations
- Supervise the coordination and reconciliation of electronic payments and systems
- Prepare weekly AR Aging and key metrics reporting for management.
- Partner with cross functional teams (Sales, Legal, Deal Desk, Sales Ops, Finance) to ensure all fully executed agreements are properly booked and revenue recognized in our systems.
- Drives achievement of performance metrics including past due receivables, disputes, and Days Sales Outstanding (DSO) targets.
- Manage all aspects of day-to-day accounting and operations of order-to-cash and revenue cycle, from invoicing and collections to revenue recognition issues.
We're excited about you because you have:
- B.A. or B.S. Degree in Finance/Accounting.
- 6+ years of progressive financial and accounting experience, with a minimum of 2 years of SaaS revenue recognition and experience supporting sales operations highly desired.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of U.S. GAAP revenue recognition rules, specifically ASC 606.
- Maintains high performance standards; passion for excellence and continuous improvement.
- Work closely with Deal Desk, Sales, Sales Ops, IT and Legal teams to support active deal negotiations and ensure alignment on revenue recognition impact.
- Manage the revenue close including the review of journal entries and reconciliations for revenue as well as various deferred revenue and reserve accounts.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Highly positive and collaborative individual that excels at developing working relationships, building consensus and fostering trust and collaboration at all levels.
- Be a change agent for implementing new ideas and process improvements in an increasingly complex environment.
- Support audit processes and communicate with auditors on accounting for complex revenue transactions.
- Experience with software packages including NetSuite, SalesForce.com and Microsoft Office Suite. #LI-EB1
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 50 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News:
The Key To Solving Future Skills Challenges
Algorithms are coming for their jobs, so workers are teaching themselves algorithms
Distractions Are Costing Companies Millions. Here's Why 66 Percent of Workers Won't Talk About It
How Soft Skills Can Help You Get Ahead in a Tech World
Read Full Job Description