Revenue Reporting Manager at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
As a Revenue Reporting Manager, you will work closely with our Sales, Client Success, FP&A, and Legal teams as their strategic partner during contract structuring. You will do this by modeling accounting reporting outcomes for the sales deals and product roadmap, and helping shape the revenue reporting impact to the financial statements. The ideal candidate will be proactive, anticipating and identifying opportunities to scale our business. We are seeking a strong individual to build out our Revenue Reporting team and help us make lending fast, fair, and affordable for all.
What you’ll do:
- Evaluate product road maps, feature updates, and growth campaigns to determine their revenue reporting impacts and lead the team's documentation of relevant accounting reporting conclusions
- Establish the highest standard of revenue close process and expedite timing of close for revenue and related accounts, including accounts receivable and reserve for allowance
- Work across all products to ensure disclosures adequately reflect material revenue streams of the business as of each reporting period
- Collaborate closely with Finance, Legal, Revenue Operations, and Commercial teams to provide standard methodologies during contract structuring
- Partner with technical accounting team to provide stakeholders an indication of how new proposals will affect the financial statements
- Partner with M&A integrations team during due diligence phase in assessing and interpreting the revenue reporting impact of the target company
- Critically, thoughtfully, and thoroughly analyze non-recurring revenue transactions by accurately identifying the accounting reporting implications of various explicit terms and implied nuances, applying appropriate accounting rules and literature and exercising judgment in subjective areas to draw reasonable and acceptable conclusions
- Work closely with the FP&A Team to forecast quarterly, and annual revenue
- Develop and maintain processes for commission reviews, deferred commission calculations, and reporting
- Partner with financial systems team to Identify and implement efficiencies, process improvements, and automations throughout the revenue cycle and accounting close
- Lead in the creation of business processes across the revenue cycle that align with technical accounting guidance in accordance with ASC 606
- Lead as primary audit liaison for all things revenue reporting
- Assist with ad hoc strategic and operational projects as required
What we’re looking for:
- CPA required
- 6+ years work experience in accounting, including Big 4 accounting firm experience or consulting firm focusing on revenue accounting (ASC 606)
- Strong technical accounting background required
- Excellent written, and verbal communication skills with the ability to work cross functionally
- Prior experience with cloud based Accounting reporting tools (Netsuite, ADP)
- Strong data analytical skills and experience with large data sets. Proficient with Excel and SQL.
- Experience in tech industry is a plus
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.