Take care of business
Responsible financial planning, strategic analysis, reporting, and process improvement are what pave the way for Unity to grow and succeed. From day-to-day bookkeeping to compliance and forecasting, our team informs and influences decisions that directly impact Unity’s bottom line.
Come join Unity as the Senior Manager of SEC Reporting! The Senior Manager of SEC Reporting will be an integral part of ensuring sound financial reporting at Unity. The SEC reporting team prepares, analyzes, and reviews consolidated financial results and ensures compliance with US GAAP (GAAP) and Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) reporting requirements in our financial reporting to investors and stockholders. This role also oversees certain technical accounting areas, including stock-based compensation and other equity-related matters. This position has high visibility to upper management and collaborates closely with other business groups.
What you’ll be doing
- Oversee and manage the preparation of Unity’s SEC filings, including 10-Qs and 10-Ks (and associated XBRL requirements) to ensure that the financial statements adhere to GAAP and SEC regulations and requirements
- Provide support to business partners, including Legal, Communications, and Investor Relations, in the preparation of other filings, including the proxy statement, earnings release 8-Ks, and other filings
- Draft and maintain SEC and external reporting calendar to inform parties of necessary deadline adherence
- Oversee and manage the accounting for Unity’s stock-based compensation and equity-related matters
- Manage communications with external auditors on external financial statements and accounting issues to ensure alignment with company decisions on accounting disclosures and issues
What we’re looking for
- Progressive SEC reporting and accounting experience, preferably including public accounting. Significant experience with SEC-registered companies is required.
- Advanced SEC and U.S. GAAP technical background and ability to research complex accounting and disclosure requirements.
- Experience with Workiva/wDesk is strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of XBRL tagging in SEC documents
- Excellent technical, analytical, and communication skills, both written and verbal
You might also have
- Tech company experience
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.