Senior Accountant, Merchant Platform at Wish
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
The Senior Accountant, Merchant Platforms role will be responsible for the accounting for the merchant platform through data analysis and preparing associated journal entries under the guidance of the Merchant Platforms Accounting Manager. The role will partner closely with revenue accounting, engineering, and data science teams to address new business operations and determine the appropriate accounting treatment. The role will also own merchant platform reporting for the monthly close process. The individual will be part of a talented and growing accounting and finance team and will have the opportunity to gain practical experience and add significant value in a growth and success-oriented environment.
What you'll be doing:
- Perform data analysis over merchant transactions and initiatives for large data sets and articulate relevant insights
- Assist in analyzing accounting implications of new merchant-affecting business operations
- Prepare and post journal entries and key monthly reconciliations
- Review and approve journal entries and key monthly reconciliations
- Own key month-end close deliverables
- Prepare fluctuation explanation and monthly reports included in management package
- Mentor junior members of the team
- Other ad-hoc projects as requested
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field required
- 4+ years of progressive accounting or financial auditing experience
- Knowledge of US GAAP
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Must be detail-oriented, work well in a dynamic environment, be able to work independently, handle multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines, and have excellent organizational skills
- Have Netsuite experience or similar ERP experience
- Have e-commerce marketplace industry experience or a similar fast paced industry
- Strong technical accounting foundation
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.