Faire is revolutionizing wholesale and helping local retailers and their suppliers be relevant and successful in a technology-enabled era. As an early member of the Finance Team, you will play an integral role in laying the accounting foundation for a multi-million dollar company. This is an ideal role for someone who wants to work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, and data-driven environment.
As a Senior Accountant You Will
- Manage day-to-day accounting activities to ensure compliance with US GAAP, external audits, and internal controls
- Be a key player in the month-end and year-end close process
- Partner closely with FP&A and Financial Reporting teams around monthly variance analysis, management reporting, and GAAP reporting
- Perform reviews to ensure accuracy and compliance with GAAP to ensure we are ready for our first-year external audit
- Assist and prepare documents for our first-year external audit such as stock-based compensation and internally developed software
- Help implement and monitor compliance with ASC 606 and ASC 718
- Document financial processes and accounting policies and standard operating procedures
- Work on ad-hoc accounting and finance projects
- Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years of experience at a Big 4 or startup; CPA preferred
- Familiar with ERP systems such as Netsuite
- Ability to think across multiple dimensions of a business and work cross-functionally to deliver results.
- A team player and commitment to deliver outstanding results while having a fun time with your teammates doing it!
- You are resourceful and not afraid to roll up your sleeves.
- Basic SQL knowledge a plus
Are you ready to change an industry? Excited to enter on the ground floor of a fast-paced, high-growth startup in a wide open market?
There are over 1M independent retailers in the US and Canada, doing more than twice the revenue of Walmart and Amazon combined. Economic data shows: compared to the big box stores, local retailers are flourishing because they offer a better shopping experience. However, the antiquated wholesale industry is holding independent stores back, and making life miserable for the makers trying to reach them.
Our goal at Faire is to rethink the wholesale model with an online marketplace that makes it easy for retailers and makers to connect and succeed together. Instead of flying all over the country to attend trade shows, retailers can visit our site to shop for hundreds of curated makers that they can try out totally risk-free. This revolutionary offering has drawn over 65,000 retailers to the Faire platform in less than a year after our launch.
Our founders led product and engineering for Square Capital ($10B deployed) and the Cash app (Square’s only app in the top 20 of the iOS app store). We're backed by some of the top VC funds including Sequoia, Khosla, Forerunner and Lightspeed; and we were named one of the top 20 YC companies by valuation last year.
We are looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join this movement with us.
To learn more about our culture, please visit our careers page!
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.