Senior Accountant at Alto Pharmacy
We’re building a new kind of pharmacy to cure one of our healthcare system’s most startling ills: over 50% of prescriptions are never picked up. Because staying on track with doctor’s orders requires more than just delivering pills, we’re managing everything from insurance logistics to pricing, late-night questions to supply chain, and anything else that could stand in the way of effective treatment. Our more than 400 employees are dedicated to fulfilling medicine’s true purpose: to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it. We’ve filled over 1 million prescriptions to date. To aid our calling, we’ve raised $354 million in funding, and we’re on track to achieve $1 billion in annual recurring revenue (ARR) by 2021. Join us as we prove just how much a pharmacy can deliver.
Alto is building the world's most patient-centric, tech enabled pharmacy, and we are seeking a talented Senior Accountant to be a key member of our quickly growing team. You’ll support the finance team to timely and accurately perform various tasks needed for the monthly close. This position will also be responsible for assisting in developing processes and procedures to ensure all general ledger activity is maintained in accordance with US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). The ideal candidate is a dynamic, self-starter, focused on continuous improvement, who demonstrates intense passion for all that they do.
What you'll do
- Perform monthly close activities including assisting with timely preparation of the monthly reporting package, GL management (including detailed review of accruals, prepaids, fixed assets, intangibles etc.) and preparation of flux analysis
- Conduct monthly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance
- Analyze financial statements for discrepancies and other issues that should be brought to the Assistant Controller’s attention
- Review coding of expenses related to the company credit cards and vendor invoices
- Work with management to ensure all bills are paid in a timely fashion and reconcile AP on a monthly basis
- Research new accounting guidance and exposure drafts, and clearly communicate findings
- Assist in the preparation of financial information for taxes, regulatory agencies, and stockholders
- Maintain company accounting procedures and processes and ensure compliance
- Strengthen and document internal controls
- Identify and implement procedures to improve efficiency
- Assist with year-end audits
What You'll Need
- 4+ years of increasing responsibility within accounting roles
- Big 4 public accounting experience
- Ability to analyze financial records and interpret for other departments
- Meticulous attention to detail and effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Proactive in identifying process inefficiencies and offer suggestions for improvements
- Self-directed, able to perform responsibilities independently with minimal direction
- Excelled computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite knowledge
- Strong desire to be a team player and help in whatever capacity possible
- Willing and eager to learn!
- Proficiency with accounting software and experience with a software system implementation a plus
- Industry experience in healthcare a plus
- A passion for Alto’s mission and values!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration
- CPA is a plus
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.