Udemy is seeking a Senior Accountant, based in San Francisco, CA, and reporting to the Senior Accounting Manager. You will be a key member of the Accounting team and serve as a key interface between Finance and the other departments. You will bring energy, ideas and process improvements to driving a faster close process. You will own key components globally for Accounting. The role is a critical role in Accounting and you will have the opportunity to interact with many groups within the company to support the business in an exciting time.
To be successful in this role, you will :
- You pride yourself on owning your processes and making things better than you found them.
- You know when to ask questions or ask for help and have the belief that understanding what you do well is important.
- You are accurate and have experience in dealing with complex activities.
- You aspire to be a great accountant and want to continue to grow in your career.
What you'll do:
- Part of a team that drives the Accounting close.
- Work with Financial Systems teams to automate cash activity and bank reconciliations.
- Account for global processes regarding assets.
- Partner with Treasury and other teams on cash management and accounting.
- Perform variance analysis and reserve analysis.
- Work together to build out our international accounting processes Interact with auditors for the annual audit.
- Month End Close (Bank Reconciliations, Journal Preparation, Coding and Understanding of GL Accounts).
- Balance Sheet Account Reconciliation (Fixed Assets, Deposits, Prepaids).
- Review and book corporate cards and expense reimbursements.
We're excited because you'll have:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in Finance or related field.
- Experience in a company with strong growth
- 4+ years of progressive, relevant experience (Accounting).
- Strong systems aptitude and proficiency including expert Excel skills, SQL, and Netsuite (or other larger ERP system).
- Excellent problem-solving diagnosis and analytical skills.
- Able to manage projects with a thoughtful level of attention.
- Good understanding of GAAP.
- A commitment to meet deadlines.
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 35 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News
Udemy Raises 50 Million at a 2 Billion Dollar Valuation from Japanese Publisher Benesse
Paid Paternity Leave Should be the Norm in the U.S.
Breakdown of Most In-Demand Skills for 2020—Finance, Marketing, Sales and Engineering
How Investing in Yourself Today Will Set You Up for Career Success Tomorrow
Feedback Isn’t the Problem, but the Way That We Deliver It Is Broken
Read Full Job Description