Chime is the largest and fastest-growing player in the challenger-banking space, providing mobile and online banking technology in the U.S. and facilitating over 5M accounts with no physical branches. We’re a technology company relentlessly focused on helping our members achieve financial peace of mind. That’s why we offer access to an award-winning bank account that doesn’t charge hidden fees, can give members early access to their paychecks, and enables them to grow their savings automatically. And we’re just getting started. We are proud of our mission, devoted to our members, and passionate about applying technology to the challenge of making financial health a reality for everyone.
We have one of the most experienced management teams in Fintech and have raised over $800M in funding from DST, General Atlantic, Iconiq, Coatue, Dragoneer, Menlo, Access, Forerunner, and others. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you.
- Manage the Accounts Payable function, including review of contract, coding, matching, payment, and support the AP accountant.
- Review bank reconciliations to ensure cash receipts, disbursements, and bank fees have been properly reflected in the general ledger.
- Help develop, implement, and roll out the company’s expense reimbursement policy and review and process expense reports using the company’s reimbursement tool.
- Prepare and process semi-monthly payroll for company employees including off-cycle payrolls and manual checks as needed; Prepare payroll journal entries and reconcile payroll related GL accounts.
- Partner with People Ops to understand payroll strategies and deliver recommendations to help improve the payroll process.
- Month-end close activities: Perform and review monthly accounting close activities as assigned, such as bank reconciliations, fixed assets, prepaids reconciliations, accrued liability, other balance sheet reconciliations, and preparation of journal entries
- Help document, implement and maintain appropriate accounting policies, processes and internal controls.
- Assist the Accounting Manager in researching, analyzing and interpreting complex technical accounting issues and new accounting standards.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements; suggest and implement improvements to scale and automate manual procedures and computations.
- Assist management in completing special projects and analyses on an ad-hoc basis.
- Bachelor’s degree (Accounting or Finance) and a minimum of 3 years of accounting or finance experience is required. Big 4 public accounting preferred.
- Must demonstrate attention to detail in a fast-paced high-growth work environment and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously to achieve results.
- Proficiency with Excel required; NetSuite ERP system experience a plus.
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred with strong knowledge of US GAAP.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organization skills.
- Team player, with a positive attitude, who is proactive and accountable.
What we offer
- Competitive salary based on experience, medical and dental benefits, as well as a 401k match
- Free snacks and drinks, plus weekly catered lunches.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Monthly happy hours and company events.
- Dog-friendly office.
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of bank.
We know great work isn’t done alone. We’re building a team of individuals to Chime in with their different strengths to benefit our employees and members. We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.