Senior Director, Compliance, Fair Lending & Regulatory Advisory at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
Affirm’s Compliance team implements a program that enables Affirm to proactively meet regulatory requirements while also identifying issues that may arise. Compliance program activities include advisory, training, independent testing & monitoring, reporting, and oversight. As the second line of defense, Compliance proactively partners with the business to support new products, markets, and initiatives.
We seek a Senior Compliance Director to be responsible for the company’s Fair Lending program and coordinate compliance support for a number of areas impacting the product life cycle. The Senior Compliance Director will own strategy and lead the enterprise compliance advisory framework for fair lending, ADA, servicing, complaints, collections, credit reporting and underwriting/pricing. This remote-first role will report to the VP, Consumer Compliance and manage a team of compliance advisors.What you'll do
- Collaborate with Legal and cross-functional partners to design, implement, and support a Fair Lending compliance program.
- Work closely with the Applied Machine Learning and Credit teams to support Affirm decisioning models and credit policies.
- Manage a team of professionals responsible for providing compliance advisory support on end-to-end processes
- Support compliance issue management activities to ensure timely remediation of compliance risks and vulnerabilities.
- Collaborate with leadership to ensure visibility into compliance risks impacting key initiatives, company growth, or bank partners.
- Support the compliance management system, including policy maintenance, risk assessment, audits and exams, and other assigned responsibilities.
- 10+ years of professional experience in Compliance (Fair Lending experience preferred)
- 5+ years of leadership experience
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to influence, motivate and lead others within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate complex regulatory concepts clearly and concisely to non-compliance individuals
- Experience working with consumer financial laws and regulations including but not limited to ECOA, TCPA, FCRA, TILA, UDAAP, FDCPA, EFTA
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships across the organization and possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Location - Remote U.S.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.