Chime is the largest and fastest-growing player in the challenger-banking space, providing mobile and online banking technology in the U.S. on behalf of partner banks and facilitating over 10M accounts with no physical branches. We’re a technology company relentlessly focused on helping our members achieve financial peace of mind. That’s why we offer access to an award-winning bank account that doesn’t charge a ton of traditional bank fees, can give members early access to their paychecks, and enables members to grow their savings automatically. And we’re just getting started. We are proud of our mission, devoted to our members, and passionate about applying technology to the challenge of making financial health a reality for everyone.
We have one of the most experienced management teams in Fintech and have raised over $800M in funding from DST, General Atlantic, Iconiq, Coatue, Dragoneer, Menlo, Access, Forerunner, and others. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you.
About the role
As a Senior Dispute Experience Associate, you’ll be joining our rapidly-growing Dispute Operations Team to help us maximize the operational efficiency and accuracy of our cardholder dispute intake program, identify and resolve Intake operation process issues , and ensure regulatory compliance. This will require the candidate to work cross-functionally with Third Party Operations Partners, and our internal Learning and Development, Quality Assurance, Member Services, and Compliance Teams, and assist the team in the refinement and execution of our voice and written Dispute Intake Operations. The ideal candidate is process improvement champion, who will drive innovation throughout the claim intake lifecycle. You will ensure our internal and remote teams have the tools and procedures to deliver an excellent member experience.
- Collaborate with internal and third party teams to ensure the timely execution of dispute intake operations in accordance with Federal Regulations E and Z, NACHA Operating Rules, payment network (Visa, MasterCard) rules, and other applicable regulations.
- Identify and resolve dispute intake operations process issues. Team up with Learning & Development, Quality Assurance, Member Services, and Compliance teams to justify proposed changes through forecasting the impact to customer experience.
- Partner with quality assurance to analyze productivity and quality reporting to identify performance improvement opportunities and training deficiencies.
- Investigate and respond to dispute related escalations from our cross-functional stakeholders.
- Coordinate procedure changes across internal and third party Claim Intake teams.
- Support internal and external audits and due diligence requests.
- 5+ years of overall professional experience, with at least one year of experience in operations, preferably supporting payment operations.
- You have a passion for identifying problems and finding the best possible solution. Automation and optimization are two of your greatest strengths.
- You can foster a cohesive and creative work environment with internal and remote teams, and across time zones.
- You love knocking out the tasks on your checklist - you possess strong organizational and prioritizing skills.
- Remote or BPO operations experience preferred.
- A strong desire to work for a fast-paced, high-growth organization.
- Advanced Microsoft Office or G Suite skills.
- Basic SQL experience and a desire to grow this competency a plus.
- Zendesk experience is a plus.
What we offer
- Competitive salary based on experience, medical and dental benefits, as well as a 401k match.
- Free snacks and drinks, plus weekly catered lunches. (when back in office!)
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Monthly happy hours and company events.
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service.
We know great work isn’t done alone. We’re building a team of individuals to Chime in with their different strengths to benefit our employees and members. We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state, and Cook County ordinances. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.