Senior Financial Analyst, Corporate FP&A at TripActions
The Strategic Finance team at TripActions is focused on three primary objectives:
- Measuring and reporting on financial performance and organizational health. The team identifies key drivers and metrics that are fundamental to driving the financial health of the business. Additionally, the team leverages technology to automate reporting.
- Shaping company priorities around value-creating activities. The team builds a deep understanding of strategic principles and how the company creates value for shareholders, customers, and partners. As a fast-moving business that’s disrupting a stale industry, it’s not always obvious where to focus first. It’s essential for this team to continually drive insights into the business and to work cross-functionally across the organization to identify actions to be taken to improve value-creation.
- Supporting complex decisions and coaching others on how to use and interpret financial data. The team should serve as knowledge integrators, connecting people and data across all parts of the organization to improve decision making. However, just as important as being the integrator is being the enabler and coach, making sure the right questions are being asked and appropriate analytical tools are being used - especially when we’re not in the room.
Responsibilities. As a Senior Financial Analyst your role will be critical in improving our corporate reporting, systems, processes and planning for the future state of the business. You will be responsible for:
- Supporting company planning processes for all short and long-term financial forecasts
- Maintain and improve detailed three statement financial models that track and analyze key metrics, cash flow and their impact on the company's overall financial performance
- Manage monthly forecasting related to headcount, CAPEX, corporate allocations and company software spend
- Work closely with the accounting teams to ensure timely and an accurate financial close
- Own financial planning for G&A expenses including forecasts, BvA analysis and business partner support
Qualifications. The ideal candidate for this role:
- Have 4+ years of work experience, with at least 2 years of experience in corporate FP&A, investment banking or corporate development a plus
- Bachelor’s degree (finance and accounting preferred but not required)
- Have extensive competency in building and auditing sophisticated financial models and large data sets
- Be able to build trust with stakeholders and leaders across the organization and drive results through soft skills, not through mandates
- Be entrepreneurial and have an enthusiastic "get stuff done" mentality
- Be able to expertly balance the need to deliver accurate data and insights that drive focused action with the speed and fast-paced nature of TripActions
- Thrive in ambiguous, fast-moving, and high-intensity environments
- Position is located in Palo Alto