Senior Financial Analyst - Platform & Crypto Services at Coinbase
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 73 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Coinbase is looking for a highly motivated finance professional to join our Finance team and play a key role in our continued growth and achievement of operational excellence. The Senior Analyst of Finance must possess a deductive mind, an ability to communicate complex ideas to senior business managers, and a desire to make a meaningful impact on a dynamic, high-growth technology company.
Ideal candidate is extremely detail-oriented, well-organized, has the ability to multitask, possesses exceptional written and verbal communication skills and thrives in a fun, fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Partner with Product leaders on short- and long-term financial planning
- Provide Product leaders with insights to manage full P&L - revenue, headcount and expenses
- Develop dashboards to track and report on KPIs
- Manage the annual, quarterly, and monthly forecast process
- Review budget and forecast variances to actual
- Provide financial modeling, analytics and recommendation in support of investment moves
- Ensure that the various reporting systems and source data are accurate and reconciled
- Perform ad hoc projects and investigation as needed
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Minimum 3+ years professional work experience in corporate finance (specifically financial planning & analysis), accounting, investment banking, and/or consulting
- Advanced Excel and financial modeling experience
- Proficiency with SQL
- Ability to work autonomously and as a self-starter; adaptable and able to react quickly to changing business needs
- Excellent deductive, project management, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Extremely detail oriented with an ability to multitask in a high growth environment
- Highly process oriented and can manage projects across departments
- B.S. or B.A. in accounting, finance, math, economics, business, engineering or other technical field required; advanced degrees a plus
Knowledge of Anaplan a plus
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.