Senior Financial Analyst at Udemy
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:35 a.m. (PST) on Monday, May 18, 2020
About our role:
Udemy is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst, based in San Francisco, CA, and reporting to the Enterprise Director of Financial Planning & Analysis. You will be a key member of the FP&A team and serve as a key interface between Finance and the other departments. You will bring best practices and thoughtful approaches to modeling the short-term and long-term business forecast. You will monitor actual performance against the budget and partner with the business to adjust as necessary. You will also be responsible for delivering value-added revenue and business analysis that leads to insightful and accurate decision-making. The role is a highly visible role within Udemy and works cross-functionally to prepare timely and accurate forecasts, along with participating in special projects. You will learn a lot.
You roll up your sleeves and dive into all activities associated with building businesses. You seek to understand the “bigger picture” and the strategic value of your work. You are humble and curious. You understand B2B businesses, build complex financial models, and distill findings into actionable business insights. You possess a collaborative approach to problem solving and foster effective relationships with cross-functional departments to deliver accurate results. You seek to understand business drivers, initiatives, and blockers. You are organized, able to balance priorities, and communicate well. You take initiative and are able to work in a dynamic environment across all levels of management, functions, and geographies. You are confident, energetic, demonstrate good judgment, and are able to influence outcomes globally.
What you'll do:
- Responsible for financial planning and analysis activities related to financial reporting, preparation and management of the annual goals, and enterprise business planning.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial reviews for Leadership teams pinpointing key insights, shortfalls, and opportunities.
- Produce long- and short-term financial plans ensuring strong linkages between both to support critical expansion and operational strategies.
- Prepare and analyze full-funnel metrics for the Enterprise SaaS business by region and segment to ensure operational alignment.
- Improve planning processes and systems (Excel, Adaptive Insights) and financial reporting structure and processes (Netsuite) to enhance management visibility and decision-making.
- Ad hoc projects and analysis to provide financial visibility and unlock opportunities, improve conversions, and improve Returns on Investments.
We're excited about you because you'll have:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in Finance or related field.
- Experience with hyper growth enterprise businesses ($100+ million in annual recurring revenue).
- 5-8 years of progressive, relevant experience (FP&A, corporate finance, investment banking, etc).
- Thoughtful financial modeling capabilities focused on enterprise subscription businesses.
- Strong systems aptitude and expert-level proficiency in Excel and Salesforce (SQL and BI tools preferred).
- Excellent problem-solving diagnosis and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage projects with a thoughtful level of attention.
- Understanding of GAAP revenue recognition standards and accruals
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 50 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News
Udemy Raises 50 Million at a 2 Billion Dollar Valuation from Japanese Publisher Benesse
Paid Paternity Leave Should be the Norm in the U.S.
Breakdown of Most In-Demand Skills for 2020—Finance, Marketing, Sales and Engineering
How Investing in Yourself Today Will Set You Up for Career Success Tomorrow
Feedback Isn’t the Problem, but the Way That We Deliver It Is Broken
Read Full Job Description