Senior Financial Planning & Analysis Analyst at Funding Circle
Position at Funding Circle US
At Funding Circle there’s a mission that drives everything we do. Around the world, we want to help small businesses get the finance they need to thrive, creating thousands of jobs as they drive the economy forward.
We have teams in London, Denver, San Francisco, Amsterdam and Berlin, we’re fusing finance and tech to build new opportunities for those who want to achieve more.
Are you made to do more? Join us!
As a Senior Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) Analyst on our team at Funding Circle you get to help create the annual budget and periodic forecasts for the US business and key organizational groups, and analyze and report key revenue and expense trends and other business data to business partners.
As a Senior Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) Analyst on our team at Funding Circle you get to…
You’ll be responsible for:
- Understanding and analyzing expense drivers and critical metrics
- Working with internal business managers to build forecasts of expenses based on current and past cost trends, headcount changes, and business initiatives
- Coordinating budget, forecast and financial reporting information with the Group Finance team in London.
- Handling tools to track global headcount trends and forecasts
- Preparing key parts of weekly and monthly financial reports for local and global management and distributing financial information such as budget to actual reports.
This position will report to Funding Circle’s FP&A Manager. This is an important and highly visible role within finance, with exposure to key decision makers in a critical focus area of the company. Our ideal candidate will help us continue to build and develop an extraordinary finance capability, and will be an experienced and confident finance professional.
You’ve been there and done this...
- Excellent ability to analyze key financial trends and variances, gained through experience in either FP&A or accounting
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to make complex financial information understandable and relevant to end users
- Solid grasp of accounting principles, including debits and credits, forecasting, and management reporting
- Strong Excel and data analysis skills
It would be great if you also have…
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent discipline.
- 3-5 years of accounting or FP&A experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Expertise in Office tools, particularly Excel
- Interest in and understanding of financial technology and online lending
- Enthusiasm for a fast-paced, team focused start-up environment
- Identification with our mission, “to build a better financial world”
- Alignment with our core values: Think Smart, Make It Happen, Be Open, Stand Together, Live The Adventure
At Funding Circle, we celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe that diversity makes us better.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.