Senior FP&A Analyst (Forecasting/Performance Management) at Wish
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
Wish is looking for a Senior Analyst to join our growing FP&A team. This person will report to the Manager of FP&A, and will serve as a critical business partner across various teams to support our Marketplace business. This position will have a strong focus on country-based forecasting, country-level performance reporting, and ad hoc analysis. In addition, this role will also be responsible for driving key business decisions and insights, conducting ongoing performance trend analysis, and providing recommendations to grow the business.
The ideal candidate will have a strong analytical mindset, the ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, attention to detail and an interest in diving into data, and flexibility and adaptability to take on new projects.
What you'll be doing:
- Partner with business teams within marketplace operations, pricing, analytics, and product management to justify business decisions, identify opportunities for profitability growth, and to gain insights to develop country-level forecasts.
Create and maintain volume, sales and revenue projections that reflect country-specific performance, business decisions and initiatives
Create and maintain complex finance models to support decision-making for our business partners, leveraging multiple sources of data
Extract and analyze a variety of data sources to create reports and analysis, and to understand key drivers of business and financial performance
Prepare internally distributed management reports, variance and trend analysis
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar analytical or financial role.
- E-commerce experience strongly preferred
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Comfortable navigating ambiguity and delivering on deadlines in fast-paced environments.
- Advanced Excel skills, and proficient in building financial models and financial reports.
- Ability to synthesize and aggregate multiple sources of data.
- Experience working in a high-growth company or division, collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- Understanding of databases and data querying. SQL knowledge is a plus.
- Experience with Hyperion Essbase & Planning and Oracle Financial systems is a plus.
- Strong preference for this person to be located in the East Coast Time Zone (or have the ability to flex to those hours)
#LI-RS1 #LI-RemoteAdditional Information
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.