Senior Manager, Accounting at AppDirect
About the Team:
AppDirect is the leading cloud service marketplace company dedicated to revolutionizing the way businesses run. We offer a cloud service marketplace and management platform that enables companies to distribute web-based services and more. The global network of AppDirect-powered marketplaces allows businesses to find, buy, and manage the best applications the cloud has to offer.
With our award-winning platform, service providers can launch a state-of-the-art online application store within a matter of weeks, while developers can integrate once and make their software available across multiple marketplaces worldwide. Our products offer more advanced features and tools than any other competitive solution, putting AppDirect at the forefront of the rapidly evolving market for cloud services delivery.
We are currently seeking a highly effective Senior Manager, Accounting that will help build out and scale the accounting team and function as we continue to grow. This individual should have a proven track record for success in organizational planning, financial process re-engineering, systems implementation, innovation through technology, and operational transformation. We are seeking a leader who delivers results and who will be a key driver in helping us scale our accounting department. This role will focus on optimizing our global accounting operations. Reporting to the Controller you will lead the monthly close, ensuring accurate and timely financial statements, while having responsibility for a diverse range of accounting, finance, and compliance duties.
How you’ll make an impact & what you’ll do:
- You will manage global month-end close and consolidation process, including reviewing of journal entries, account reconciliations and preparing and reviewing financial reporting and flux analysis.
- You will collaborate and coordinate with various business partners to obtain required financial reporting information and develop improvements to the financial reporting process.
- You will have a deep understanding of NetSuite, including the development, implementation and/or maintenance. Blackline experience preferred.
- You will work effectively in a high growth environment
- You will promote a culture of continuous improvement and operational innovation
- You will plan and design business processes and objectives and make recommendations and changes in order to improve and support scalability in the team organization, business systems and activities.
- You will develop and mentor accounting staffs to build their professional career and maximize potential
- You will support financial audit process
What you'll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and or Finance
- 7+ years of progressive experience; ideally a combination of public accounting (required) and industry experience
- Self-starter who can creatively solve problems
- Excellent people manager, with a collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Experience managing payroll and AP
- Prior experience working with foreign subsidiaries, including consolidation, intercompany and foreign currency accounting, and preparation of consolidated financial statements required
- Ability to work in a dynamic accounting department, successfully juggling multiple entities, projects and deliverables
- CPA preferred but not required
AppDirect is the only end-to-end commerce platform for selling, distributing, and managing cloud-based products and services to succeed in the digital economy. The AppDirect ecosystem connects channels, developers, and customers through its platform to simplify the digital supply chain by enabling the onboarding and sale of products with third-party services, for any channel, on any device, with support. Powering millions of cloud subscriptions worldwide, AppDirect helps organizations, including Jaguar Land Rover, Comcast, ADP, and Deutsche Telekom connect their customers to the solutions they need to reach their full potential in the digital economy.