The Strategic Finance team is responsible for accelerating the growth of our business by identifying and implementing new opportunities and solutions. We partner with teams across the company to improve the profitability, scalability and defensibility of our business model. We’re looking to hire strategic thinkers who can model the future, solve complex problems, and collaborate effectively to help carry projects from conception through execution.About the Role
We’re looking for someone to lead all FP&A and Corporate Finance responsibilities surrounding New Verticals, which encompasses several major initiatives central to our vision of the future of our marketplace -- one which is more compelling, more efficient and more diverse than the one we operate today. Although the expression is overused, New Verticals team truly is a startup within a startup. We are investing heavily to make the initiatives within it our next multi-billion dollar businesses. The person in this role will operate much as the CFO of a smaller start-up, owning a diverse set of finance responsibilities without clear boundaries, and in doing so help to build the foundation of these businesses from the ground up.
Not all of the responsibilities will be glamorous, but opportunities to exert real influence and earn credibility with our senior-most leaders will abound. You will work in the weeds with people from accounting, data infrastructure / BI, and analytics teams to ensure our monitoring & reporting is best-in-class. You will help our product & operating partners solve hard problems, refine strategies, and build new muscles for us as a company. You will also hold them accountable to budgets and key operational targets, and partner with them to help get things back on track if they miss. You will advise our executive team on ways to invest our resources more efficiently, to move faster and do more. You will be the source of truth both for historical data as well as detailed financial forecasts. You will build models to evaluate new partnership opportunities, to understand ROI / payback period of various investments being considered, and to forecast demand more accurately, just to name a few. You will take the lead on getting all of the right processes, systems and tools in place to help us scale as quickly as possible.We’re excited about you because...
- You have 6+ years of experience, including 3+ years in a FP&A, Operational Finance or Corporate Finance type of role. You’ve successfully managed budgets for major functional areas within an organization. Strong preference for those with experience in the grocery industry, inventory management, and related areas.
- You thrive in high-performance cultures, handle stress well, and aren’t afraid of long hours in pursuit of meaningful work.
- You’re unafraid of ambiguity. Rapid change and learning is exciting to you, and you know how to find direction and craft a plan of action even when none is given to you.
- You’re an indirect leader. You excel at navigating a rapidly growing organization with many different cross-functional partners, gaining input and building consensus with key stakeholders as you go. You know how to organize and motivate a broad, diverse and geographically dispersed working team around a shared goal.
- You’re relentless. Things never quite go according to plan. You have the determination and grit to keep working on a problem as new challenges emerge, while maintaining the flexibility to adjust plans or strategies as needed.
- You have a proven ability to communicate effectively with senior leaders, earn their trust, and influence their thinking on critical decisions.
- You set the gold standard in financial models. Your models are efficient, scalable and intuitive, and you build them in half the time of anyone you know.
- You have at least intermediate proficiency with SQL, or a willingness to learn. The ability to self-serve with data is critical to success in this role.
- You’re analytical. You let data win arguments, and you’re constantly searching for new information to better inform decisions.
- You’re equally comfortable operating at 10,000 feet and 1 foot. You don’t hesitate to get in the weeds and work at the lowest level of detail, but you’re just as comfortable thinking long-term and inspiring a team. No job is beneath you.
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in the United States, Canada, and Australia. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.