About the role:
Udemy is seeking a Senior Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A), based in San Francisco, CA. You will be a key member of a growing FP&A team and serve as a key financial interface between Finance and the Udemy for Business (UFB) Enterprise team. You will bring best practices and thoughtful approaches to modeling the UFB business as well as advising on the business strategy and developing and tracking key SaaS metrics. You will monitor actual performance against the initiatives of the company, partner with the business to adjust as necessary, and present the results to leadership.
You will be responsible for delivering value-added analyses that lead to insightful business decision-making such as financials forecasts, pipeline generation and conversion, capacity models, health metrics, and other special projects. This role works cross-functionally across the UFB and leadership teams.
You thrive in a high-growth company and are keen to roll up your sleeves and take full ownership. You dive in to understand and act on all activities associated with a hyper-growth SaaS business. You are humble and curious. You have an understanding of B2B dynamics and complex SaaS business models and can implement scalable processes. You possess a strong collaborative approach and are able to build effective relationships with cross-functional departments to deliver accurate forecast results. You seek to understand business drivers, KPIs, initiatives, and blockers. You have strong organizational and communication skills and are able to balance competing priorities. You take initiative and are able to work in a dynamic environment across all levels of management and across functions and geographies. You are confident, energetic, demonstrate good judgment and are able to influence outcomes globally.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Responsible for all FP&A activities related to Udemy’s enterprise business including reporting, business analyses, budgeting/planning, and SaaS metrics
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial reviews for executive management pinpointing areas of potential shortfalls or opportunities
- Identify and monitor key sales and marketing metrics such as ACV, ARR, DRR, segmentation, payback period, and others
- Improve business unit planning processes and systems (Excel or Adaptive Insights) to enhance management visibility and decision-making
- Partner with UFB leadership to understand existing data, align on definitions and data sources, and build automation of agreed upon metrics
We're excited about you because you have:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in Finance or related field. MBA preferred
- 6-8 years of progressive, relevant experience in investment banking, venture capital, or a hyper-growth B2B Software or SaaS business
- Thoughtful financial modeling ability from top-of-funnel activities to GAAP Revenue and sales efficiency, attainment, and capacity planning
- Strong systems aptitude and proficiency, including expert Excel skills. Experience working with Salesforce and Financial Planning Software/CRM/ERM (Adaptive, Anaplan, Host Analytics, etc)
- Experience working with Sales, Marketing, and Sales Operations teams
- Ability to manage multiple projects with a precise attention to detail
- Strong understanding of GAAP revenue recognition standards and business unit allocations
- Excellent problem-solving diagnosis and analytical skills
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 35 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News
Udemy Raises 50 Million at a 2 Billion Dollar Valuation from Japanese Publisher Benesse
Paid Paternity Leave Should be the Norm in the U.S.
Breakdown of Most In-Demand Skills for 2020—Finance, Marketing, Sales and Engineering
How Investing in Yourself Today Will Set You Up for Career Success Tomorrow
Feedback Isn’t the Problem, but the Way That We Deliver It Is Broken
Read Full Job Description