Senior Manager, Revenue Recognition at Wish
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
Wish is currently looking for a Senior Manager, Revenue Recognition to join the organization. This is newly added role to a growing team!
What you'll be doing:
- Manage the global close for revenues recognized for the Company’s digital advertising business, including driving the implementation of the Company’s revenue recognition related internal controls.
- Manage the reconciliations between PSP settlements, customer checkout data and bank for the Company’s worldwide receipts.
- Manage the forecasting and accounting process for PSP fees assessed each month.
- Review reports with analytical analysis of revenue and deferred revenue that support current period trends, balances, and future financial impacts.
- Validate the data between various sources and be able to identify anomalies at the lowest level of detail.
- Partner closely with Engineering to stay abreast of new features and programs that may have revenue recognition ramifications.
- Partner closely with teams supporting the Company’s other revenue streams through non-routine transaction, monthly close activities, and to identify and implement process/system improvements within the quote-to-cash ecosystem.
- Mentor and develop members on the team, contribute to a positive and collaborative team culture with highest integrity and sense of ownership.
- Strengthen internal controls, enhance processes around revenue and related processes to accelerate close activities while maintaining accuracy and integrity in financial reporting.
- Collaborate with SOX & Internal Audit and external auditors around key control documentation and evidence compliance requirements, and changes in internal control design as processes evolve.
- Serve as the key contact with external auditors for quarterly reviews and year-end audits, including discussing technical revenue accounting assessment and internal control findings.
- Support ad hoc projects, including systems implementation and revenue process improvements related to revenue transformation.
- 7+ years of experience in Accounting, with prior experience in display advertising revenue recognition under ASC 606.
- BA/BS/Master’s in Accounting or equivalent work experience, with a CPA license preferred but is not required.
- Exposure to the PSP ecosystem within the context of e-commerce/fin-tech preferred.
- Strong written & verbal communication with the ability to express complex topics clearly & easily to senior leadership.
- An interest in working in a fast-growing, fast-paced environment with changing responsibilities, and a willingness to lend a helping hand wherever it’s needed.
- Experience building and managing lean teams with outsized company impact (minimum of 4 years’ management experience).
- A self-starter with the ability to quickly respond to problems independently and proactively address conflicting stakeholder requirements to achieve creative compromise.
- Ability to deep dive into large volume of data with an analytical lens.
- Strong understanding of accounting systems and the related control environment, with experience in implementing systems preferred.
- Experience with NetSuite or similar ERP system preferred.
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.