Senior Manager, Technical Accounting
DoorDash is looking for a Senior Manager of Technical Accounting to help shape DoorDash’s financial reporting infrastructure and join our growing accounting team. You will report to our Director of Technical Accounting.About the Role:
- Assist the preparation, coordination, and review of disclosures and workings associated with quarterly Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”) filings. These include Forms 10-Q and 10-K but may include others. Ensure all of those filings comply with SEC and U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (“GAAP”) requirements, including XBRL tagging.
- Coordinate the approval of 10-Q and 10-K filings with important partners, including senior management of DoorDash, external auditors, our legal counsel, and the DoorDash Audit Committee.
- Research relevant accounting literature and provide technical memos and guidance to ensure that DoorDash is accounting for any changes following U.S. GAAP guidelines.
- Provide technical accounting guidance for other projects, such as segment reporting, investments, equity modifications, lease accounting, among others.
- Ensure compliance with procedures observing Sarbanes Oxley (“SOX”) requirements. Also, collaborate with both internal and external auditors on the coordination of SOX testing, and ensure the resolution and remediation of any issues identified.
- Assist with multiple other projects, including those related to SOX such as the implementation of control flowcharts, or other new system implementations that impact SOX or SEC reporting.
- Partner with the Financial Accounting team and essential collaborators to ensure accounting procedures are documented, updated when needed, accessible and compliant with U.S. GAAP.
- Support the preparation/review of periodic accounting entries and reconciliations.
- Ad-hoc projects
You’re an accounting professional and CPA. You have knowledge of SEC compliance and technical accounting and the ability to work with all levels of management and teams.
- Self-motivated and self-managed
- You can handle diverse workload
- Balance between attention to detail and swift execution
- You understand accounting cycles.
- CPA licensed in California with 5+ years public accounting experience (Big 4 is a plus)
- Industry experience from pre-IPO through IPO experience preferred
- International accounting and intercompany/consolidations and FP&A experience
- 4+ years of recent financial accounting experience with an ecommerce retail, consumer, or data-driven sector
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, implementation and maintenance of internal controls
- Month-end close and Netsuite experience preferred
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.