Senior Pricing Strategy & Operations Manager at Fastly
Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastly’s edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, and reliably by processing, serving, and securing our customers’ applications as close to their end-users as possible — at the edge of the internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, and to support agile software development.
Fastly’s customers use our edge cloud platform to ensure concertgoers can buy tickets to the live events they love, travelers can book flights seamlessly and embark on their next great adventure, and sports fans can stream events in real time, across devices. They include many of the world’s most prominent companies, including Spotify, Alaska Airlines, Hulu, The New York Times, and Ticketmaster
We’re building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.
Senior Pricing Strategy & Operations Manager
The Senior Pricing Strategy & Operations Manager will be a key member of the Fastly product team helping to accelerate our growth and scale. You will work closely with a cross-functional team and leaders in our marketing, sales, and product organizations to help craft monetization strategies for new offerings, optimize packaging & pricing for existing offers, and own & develop processes to ensure successful pricing execution.
What You'll Do
- Scope, structure, and execute upon strategic monetization initiatives to accelerate business growth
- Build analytical models to inform and influence pricing strategy
- Improve monetization processes, insights, and performance measurement across product lines
- Design testing and implementation plans to support global rollout of new packaging and pricing initiatives
- Define and configure offer specifics including packaging, SKUs, price lists, and discounting
- Define success metrics and monitor the health of products, identify issues inhibiting scale and propose solutions
- Recommend ways to evolve pricing frameworks, processes, and operations to improve decision quality, sales velocity, deal desk scalability, customer satisfaction, and customers success
- Build productive relationships and feedback loops with Operations, Legal, Finance, Sales and Product teams
What We're Looking For
- 5-7 years in a technical business environment
- Functional knowledge of CPQ, Salesforce
- Product & Price Book management experience
- Ability to translate business needs into system requirements
- Proven ability to drive process improvements, problem-solve, and produce results
- Able to think independently and consider cross-functional and downstream impacts
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills, process orientation, and attention to detail
- We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
- We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
- We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
- We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful -- every day.
- We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit please apply!
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Employment decisions at Fastly are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Fastly encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.