Senior Revenue Accountant
At Unity, you’ll make a difference. In a collaborative, fast-growing environment, we’re democratizing development, solving hard problems, and enabling the success of our community.
Come join Unity as a Senior Revenue Accountant and be a key member of the global revenue recognition team. You will be an integral part of ensuring the timely and accurate reporting of revenue, in accordance with US GAAP. You will have immediate impact as you collaborate closely with the Revenue Manager to build out a new billing and payments system with our Internal Engineering team.
If you are curious, analytical, motivated, and like rolling up your sleeves, then come be a part of our journey!
- Track and review contracts and orders before they are finalized and entered into the system to ensure all documentation is in compliance with company policy
- Work cross functionally with Technical accounting, Finance, Legal, Sales, Sales Operations, FP&A, AR, IT, and various business owners on policies, processes, and programs, and help drive key system initiatives and improvements
- Prepare documentation of non-standard contracts, including research and analysis of complex revenue recognition issues, as necessary
- Perform monthly revenue accounting close responsibilities, including but not limited to: GAAP revenue analysis, unrecognized revenue analysis, balance sheet reconciliations, journal entries, and close packages
- Assist the Company with the adoption of the new revenue recognition standard (ASC 606)
- Prepare audit schedules and assist with the external audit process
- Other responsibilities include but not limited to participate in special projects, ERP implementation, system enhancements and ad hoc analyses as assigned
- BS in Accounting or Finance and relevant in depth revenue experience
- Hands on experience with ASC 605 and knowledge of ASC 606
- Must be proactive and take ownership of tasks assigned and areas of responsibility
- Experience in organizing and prioritizing responsibilities effectively in order to meet deadlines
- Excel skills with experience to manipulate and digest large amounts of data required
- Experience with NetSuite/Workday ERP
- CPA and/or Public company experience
- Big 4 public accounting
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Oculus, Autodesk, Microsoft and many more, to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.