Senior Revenue Analyst at Udemy
| San Francisco
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:59 p.m. (PST) on Wednesday, October 7, 2020
You dive in to understand and act on all activities associated with a hyper-growth SaaS business. You are humble and curious. You have an understanding of Enterprise SaaS dynamics and can build bridges and work cross functionally in a complex and global organization matrix and can contribute into effective scalable processes. You possess a strong collaborative approach and are able to build effective relationships with cross-functional departments to provide timely and accurate revenue and receivables/collections guidance. You seek to understand the business justifications, KPIs, initiatives and blockers. You have strong organizational and communication skills and are able to balance competing priorities. You take initiative and are able to work in a dynamic environment across all levels of management and across functions and geographies. You are confident, energetic, demonstrate good judgment and are able to influence outcomes globally.
About the Role:
This role involves collaborating with Sales, Sales Ops, Legal, IT and Finance teams to ensure accuracy and review that revenue recognition remains fully compliant with US GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and company policies. This role will be responsible for assisting with month end close procedures and audit requests.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Review customer contracts to establish revenue recognition in accordance to US GAAP and company policy
- Document revenue recognition conclusions and prepare write-ups for Revenue arrangements in compliance with ASC-606
- Prepare reconciliations and other processes within the revenue close process
- Prepare financial reporting packages for management and cross-functional teams
- Review AR Aging and other relevant metrics for management
- Prepare key analytics for monthly Flux Analysis
- Research discrepancies and respond to customer inquiries
We're excited about you because you have:
- B.A. or B.S. Degree in Finance/Accounting.
- 5+ years of progressive financial and accounting experience, with a minimum of 2 years of SaaS revenue recognition and experience supporting sales operations highly desired.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of U.S. GAAP revenue recognition rules, specifically ASC 606.
- Maintains high performance standards; passion for excellence and continuous improvement.
- Work closely with Deal Desk, Sales, Sales Ops, IT and Legal teams to support active deal negotiations and ensure alignment on revenue recognition impact.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Highly positive and collaborative individual that excels at developing working relationships, building consensus and fostering trust and collaboration at all levels.
- Be a change agent for implementing new ideas and process improvements in an increasingly complex environment.
- Support audit processes and communicate with auditors on accounting for complex revenue transactions.
- Experience with software packages including NetSuite, Salesforce and Microsoft Office Suite.
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 35 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News
Udemy Raises 50 Million at a 2 Billion Dollar Valuation from Japanese Publisher Benesse
Paid Paternity Leave Should be the Norm in the U.S.
Breakdown of Most In-Demand Skills for 2020—Finance, Marketing, Sales and Engineering
How Investing in Yourself Today Will Set You Up for Career Success Tomorrow
Feedback Isn’t the Problem, but the Way That We Deliver It Is Broken
Read Full Job Description