Senior Revenue Technical Accountant at Wish
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
What you'll be doing:
- Assist in the preparation and documentation of accounting memorandums surrounding complex revenue recognition transactions on as needed basis under ASC 606.
- Assess the impact of emerging pronouncements and existing accounting literature on the Company’s revenue transactions as well as accounting and financial reporting processes.
- Assess the Company policy alignment with various processes on an ongoing basis.
- Assist in the SEC reporting process including preparation and review of the revenue-related sections in Form 10-K, Form 10-Q and other SEC filings.
- Prepare documentation of significant accounting matters and/or accounting positions that will be communicated to external auditors.
- Respond to technical accounting inquiries from finance staff and external auditors.
- Provide management with recommendations or comments to ensure compliance with accounting standards.
- Analyze new programs and contracts as necessary.
- Perform special projects as needed.
- BA/BS/Master’s in Accounting or equivalent work experience.
- CPA is required (active or inactive).
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in Technical Accounting.
- Proven experience in writing accounting memos and whitepapers, and providing and implementing accounting guidance on technical matters.
- An individual who can gather, summarize and analyze a significant amount of transactional data and make reasonable conclusions that facilitate key accounting and business decisions.
- Technical understanding of US GAAP and ASC606.
- Able to manage multiple priorities and work cross-functionally with other departments.
- Able to thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment where change is constant.
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.