We are looking for a tax professional to assist our Tax team with US sales and international VAT/GST tax responsibilities. This person will assist with our monthly compliance needs and collaborate with different teams across the company to support indirect tax inquiries.
What you'll do:
- Assisting with the preparation of data collection for monthly, quarterly, and annual sales & VAT/GST tax compliance
- Reconciling various tax accounts on a monthly basis
- Developing operational process improvements in sales and/or VAT/GST tax workflows
- Manage relationships with outside tax consultants and regulatory authorities
- Compiles necessary data for sales & VAT tax audits and tax notices
- Understand billing and reporting systems and provide system and invoicing requirements related to changing tax laws or business operations
- Assist with developing and evaluating planning opportunities by maintaining and communicating knowledge of past, present and potential future tax regulatory changes
We're excited about you because you'll have:
- BS in Accounting, MS in Taxation/JD/LLM in Taxation a plus
- Minimum 4+ years experience; Sales and/or VAT/GST Tax experience across multiple jurisdictions
- Experience with NetSuite or other cloud ERP systems, tax systems such as Vertex and Avalara a plus
- Proficiency with advanced Excel required; experience with Alteryx, SQL a plus
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple responsibilities, with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work with cross functional team members: Legal, Sales, Engineering, Customer Support
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated with ability to work and take ownership in a fast-paced environment
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 50 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News
Udemy Raises 50 Million at a 2 Billion Dollar Valuation from Japanese Publisher Benesse
Paid Paternity Leave Should be the Norm in the U.S.
Breakdown of Most In-Demand Skills for 2020—Finance, Marketing, Sales and Engineering
How Investing in Yourself Today Will Set You Up for Career Success Tomorrow
Feedback Isn’t the Problem, but the Way That We Deliver It Is Broken
Read Full Job Description