Senior Tax Analyst at Udemy
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:09 a.m. (PST) on Monday, March 23, 2020
In this role as the Sr. Analyst, Tax, you will be responsible for supporting the domestic tax team with direct and indirect tax matters, including special projects implementing new analyses, planning and software. You will also assist with ensuring internal tax controls are properly documented and key controls are operating effectively. In this role, you will be responsible for contributing to a broad array of tax functions including global tax reporting under ASC 740, SEC disclosure, SOX 404, US federal and state income tax compliance and support income tax audits. And you will be responsible for supporting tax technology projects working directly with IT, specifically working on a wide range of tax reporting efforts to improve efficiency and accuracy to comply with tax reform. This position reports to the Sr. Manager of Tax.
What you'll do:
- Assist in preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual provision and other reporting requirements. Prepare global tax account reconciliation on a monthly basis.
- Assist in ensuring all internal controls and procedures are properly documented and key financial controls are operating effectively.
- Prepare calculations related to the quarterly state tax provision, such as analysis/calculation of the effective tax rate, state tax reserves, deferred tax assets, and state cash forecast requirements.
- Monitor state tax law changes, prepare analysis of impact on state ETR and provide management with recommendations for change to state ETR if impact is material.
- Develop knowledge of accounting for income taxes - offer suggestions for simplification or improvement of state provision model.
- Calculate state quarterly estimate and extension payments and report to external consultants for preparation of payment/filing vouchers. Responsible for coordinating with external consultants and the timely transmittal of all payments.
- Assist with the year-end close reporting process, which includes substantial collection/review/preparation of data required for the domestic provision, federal and state tax return preparation.
- Support state tax audits and prepare detailed responses and analysis to auditor information requests, prepare formal protests to state audit adjustments, assist with federal audits and resolve state and federal tax notices with various state DOR offices.
- Research tax issues with respect to state income and indirect tax reporting to ensure correct tax compliance.
- Assist tax team with any special projects – implementation of data intensive processes, international corporate organization, state RAR amended returns, new software implementation data reconciliation.
- Continue to develop knowledge of state and federal taxation to provide support to tax team through continuing education.
We're excited about you because you'll have:
- BS in Accounting, MS in Taxation/JD/LLM in Taxation a plus.
- Minimum 3+ years of tax experience; combination of Big 4 and multinational corporate tax experience with concentration in tax accounting and tax compliance.
- Working knowledge in tax accounting, indirect tax and tax compliance processes and experience in accounting principles
- Experience with Indirect tax compliance, US consolidated tax return rules and multistate tax rules
- A self-starter, detail-oriented, hands-on and analytical tax professional with strong oral and written communication skills and data analytics skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance. High degree of accuracy and proven ability to meet deadlines in a time sensitive environment.
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 50 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News
Udemy Raises 50 Million at a 2 Billion Dollar Valuation from Japanese Publisher Benesse
Paid Paternity Leave Should be the Norm in the U.S.
Breakdown of Most In-Demand Skills for 2020—Finance, Marketing, Sales and Engineering
How Investing in Yourself Today Will Set You Up for Career Success Tomorrow
Feedback Isn’t the Problem, but the Way That We Deliver It Is Broken
Read Full Job Description