Senior Tax Consultant at Leyton
Leyton is an innovative consultancy firm with a unique goal; to quickly improve the financial performance of its clients without impacting on their core business. Leyton represents a wide international market network around the world.
Currently in the US, our specific expertise is in the implementation and optimization of Research and Development (R&D) Tax Relief and Credits.
We offer real career opportunities in a fast-growing, friendly firm with a dynamic and ambitious team. Our compensation package is competitive and you will be rewarded on the basis of your personal performance, as well as on the basis of the company's overall achievements. For the right candidate, the extensive growth plans for the US offer the opportunity to progress quickly.
Function of the role:
The primary focus of the role will be to provide financial cost optimization services to US companies who invest in R&D. You will be working with clients to extend and expand their businesses in line with their business costs, helping them to identify if their work is technically qualifying for R&D in conjunction with our technical team.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Understanding the requirements for R&D tax relief and applying them in respect to clients’ development activities to ensure the relevant tax legislation and guidelines are met
- Drafting of clear financial narratives and analysis documents to justify R&D activities carried out by clients to the US tax authorities
- Determining the appropriate method of data collection through background research into clients and their relevant industries and interviewing key technical and financial leads
- Staying abreast of industry developments and legislative changes relevant to R&D tax relief and other innovation incentives
- Managing client’s R&D claims throughout the project, advising and liaising from both a tax and technical perspective to ensure deadlines and objectives are met
Desired experience and skills:
- Experience in Tax and tax compliance
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree(s) including MST, LLM, or JD a plus
- Curiosity, awareness and an interest in science, technology and innovation
- An interest in applying seemingly simple concepts to a wide range of industrial sectors and tax matters
- Outstanding numerical ability and a proven track record of working in tight deadlines
- Good working knowledge with Excel to manipulate large and complete datasets with VLookup, IF functions and pivot tables
- Experience dealing with tax authorities, either on general corporate tax aspects or on specific R&D related matters