Senior Tax Manager at TripActions
TripActions is currently seeking a Senior Tax Manager to join us at our headquarters in Palo Alto, CA. The Senior Tax Manager will assist the Senior Tax director in the Company’s tax reporting, compliance, and planning activities on a global basis. Key responsibilities include oversight of the Company’s tax provision, financial statement reporting, transfer pricing setup and disclosures and related compliance efforts; design and implementation of our growing international operations; and planning for and integrating acquisitions. Reporting to the Senior Tax Director, this role will work with the finance group and other business functions in carrying out these responsibilities.
- Manage quarterly, annual and tax forecasts for GAAP and NonGAAP
- Assist in foreign entities tax provision in accordance with ASC 740, including current and deferred provision calculations, return-to-provision true up, reconciliation of tax accounts, valuation allowance, FIN 48 analysis, E&P, Subpart F, GILTI, etc.
- Assumes tax preparation responsibility for the more complex technical issue for provision and returns
- Assist with maintaining global transfer pricing policies and calculations, including review and implementation of transfer pricing studies, transfer pricing documentation requirements
- Assist with the international tax planning projects, including modeling the tax impacts
- Manage the preparation and review of global income tax returns and related workpapers
- Building internal control and maintain documentation and processes
- Build collaborative working relationships with legal, accounting, FP&A, and corporate development and communication of tax considerations and gathering appropriate data
- Research and evaluate the tax impact of current and proposed tax legislation
- Drive process improvements, and lead special projects.
- Ad hoc tax projects as needed
- Bachelor's degree in accounting (CPA a plus)
- At least 14 years of relevant tax experience in Big 4 and technology industry experience
- Hands-on experience in the calculation of quarterly and annual tax provisions with a working knowledge of ASC740 and international tax matters
- Experience in TCJA international provisions (GILTI and FTC)
- Ability to manage and execute multiple tasks from end-to-end, prioritizing and adhering to tight timelines with attention to detail
- Self-starter and resourceful
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Results and process-oriented and accountable.
- Effective interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills