Senior Technical Accountant at Unity
Inclusion at Unity is driven by one overarching framework: Empathy, Respect, and Opportunity
Come join Unity as a Senior Technical Accountant! This role will join the technical accounting team responsible for the accounting and reporting of complex, non-standard and significant accounting transactions. The position is an excellent opportunity to join an exciting and passionate team at a fast-growing company, while developing strong working relationships with cross-functional partners and various levels of management.
What you’ll be doing
- Analyze significant and complex technical accounting transactions, including but not limited to leases, M&A activity, strategic investments, debt instruments and more
- Collaborate cross-functionally with teams across the business including corporate development, facilities, FP&A, legal, tax, treasury, and other internal business partners
- Support the monthly accounting process, including preparation or review of journal entries related to reviewed technical accounting transactions
- Assist in development and maintenance of policies and procedures related to technical accounting, and ensure compliance with SOX and internal controls
What we’re looking for
- Certified Public Accountant with public accounting and/or public company experience
- Technical accounting background with a knowledge of US GAAP and SEC reporting standards
- Experience with technical research and writing technical accounting memos
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment
You might also have
- Workday Financials experience
- Experience working with a geographically dispersed team
- Experience working with technology or SaaS companies
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.