Senior Treasury Manager, Bank Relationship Management at Coinbase
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 73 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
We are looking for a Senior Treasury Manager to lead our banking relationship efforts. This role sits within the Coinbase Treasury Team and reports to the Director of Treasury and Head of Cash Management. This role will be responsible for building and owning relationships with Coinbase’s partner banks, investment managers, insurance brokers and agencies as well as relationships with other financial institutions. As Coinbase grows internationally, this role will partner with the Coinbase Business Development Team to seek and establish banking partner relationships for both corporate and custodial needs.
This role will work closely with other leaders in the finance organization to develop and execute on a banking strategy and implementation plan to support business growth, internationalization and corporate needs. The ideal candidate will have prior experience establishing relationships with banks, payment vendors and partners in a business development or strategic partnership role within a fintech or a big tech company. Additionally, he will be someone with extensive corporate treasury or corporate banking experience.
You will collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders, including Credit and Counterparty Risk, Capital Market, FP&A, Accounting, Tax, Product and Coverage teams as you onboard new banks, investment managers, credit partners, banking and treasury management system vendors and other strategic partners.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Develop and execute on a strategic plan for establishing relationship with banks and FI's globally.
- Work with the Product, International and Finance teams to build redundancies into Coinbase banking plan and reduce any counterparty risks associated with it.
- Work independently but closely with BD, PED, Finance, Legal, Compliance and Tax teams as you lead implementation of the strategic banking plan.
- Build a team to manage Coinbase’s global bank accounts, master account list, signatory list, and account level services.
- Establish policy and governance procedures to highlight Coinbase engagement protocols with partner banks.
- Partner with Source to Pay, BD, Security and other finance stakeholders to establish an RFI/RFP and an onboarding process for banks and other FI's.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Bachelor’s degree in disciplines such as Business Administration Marketing, Economics, Finance, or similar degrees. Advanced degree in a related area preferred.
- 7-10 years of experience in BD, Strategic Partnership, Corporate Finance or Relationship Manager at a global bank will be ideal.
- Ability to interact, influence and build relationships at all levels of seniority and across all functions within an organization. Relationship building must come naturally to the ideal candidate.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Must be good at presenting to senior executives and to large audiences.
- Self-starter with good business insight.
- Must always act as an owner.
- Ability to balance strategic focus with tactical implementation, and efficient execution skills.
- Ability to analyze, evaluate and form independent judgments and challenge the status quo for better outcomes.
- Efficient in Microsoft Powerpoint, Microsoft Excel and/or Google Sheets and other Microsoft/G-Suite product.
Nice to haves:
- MBA , CTP or other professional designation like CFA a plus.
- Business Development and Project Management skills are a strong plus.
- Advanced knowledge in Powerpoint and other presentation tools is required.
- You must be passionate about the crypto and be willing to contribute to the building of the crypto economy.
- You are driven and results-oriented, but humble and self aware.
- You must have a strong network in banking circle that you can leverage for your work.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.