Sr. Financial Analyst - Small Business at Capital One (San Francisco, CA)
Center 1 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Sr. Financial Analyst - Small Business
As a Senior Financial Analyst in Small Business Banking, you will work for a company that invests in ways to tell stories, view trends, and diagnose results in a more compelling and visual nature. You will have the opportunity to partner with business customers on driving strategic business direction that leads to sustainable performance and you will be asked to challenge our current well-managed processes to be more proactive, effective and efficient. Financial Analysts perform financial data analysis in preparing Profit & Loss or other statements and frequently
build reports for higher level associates; provide management and business clients with project statuses; perform reporting and analysis to support presentation and ad-hoc requests.
Roles require strong communication, problem solving, strategic thinking, and influencing skills in order to effectively:
- Articulate outcomes of analysis and relevant insights
- Develop presentations to communicate business and analysis results to senior audiences
- Financial reporting and analysis, including budgeting, forecasting, variance analysis, financial reporting, and Profit & Loss (P&L) management
- Coordinate and collect input data from Financial Analysts in different departments, check data integrity, summarize and convert data, run models, verify, analyze, and communicate output data
- Business presentations: Assist in development of presentations to communicate analysis results to senior audiences, clearly articulate outcomes of analysis to leadership teams
- Ad-hoc requests and special projects
- Independently manage and prioritize workload
- Perform financial data analysis in preparing Profit & Loss or other statements
- Frequently create reports for higher level associates
- Proactively provide management and business clients with project statuses
- Perform reporting and analysis to support presentation and ad-hoc requests
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 1 year experience in financial analysis
- At least 1 year experience with financial modeling
- Master's Degree in a quantitative major (Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, Engineering)
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) license or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license
- 2 or more years experience in financial analysis or financial modeling
- 1 or more years of experience in technology or FP&A
- 1 or more years of experience partnering with internal stakeholders
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with GSuite (Google Docs, Sheets, Slides)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).