Sr Financial Partnerships Associate at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Affirm's mission is to deliver honest financial products to improve lives. We do this by (i) using modern technology to re-imagine and re-build core components of financial infrastructure from the ground up and (ii) forming strong partnerships with existing financial services firms, banks, payment networks and data partners. The Sr Financial Partnerships Associate is responsible for assisting these partnerships, nurturing our existing relationships and helping to structure new partnerships to help us build our products and achieve our mission. The ideal candidate will have some exposure to complex partnership negotiations and will work cross-functionally to identify, structure and execute Affirm’s most strategic deals. We value experience, intelligence, creativity and critical thinking in addition to all of the traits necessary to represent Affirm in the payments and FinTech ecosystem.
What you'll do
- Assist on all deals and partnerships necessary to build and operate our business in your assigned business area.
- Own end-to-end negotiation process and/or deals, which includes managing and including all relevant internal stakeholders.
- Manage and cultivate relationships with internal business leaders to understand our challenges and help the business innovate, which includes finding new external partners.
- Develop business cases for transactions to explain the logic of the deal, ensure value is being created for Affirm, and manage internal demand where appropriate.
- Partner closely with Strategic Finance and Accounting to forecast operating expenses, ensure accurate categorization of expenses, validate invoices vs. forecast, and continuously improve departmental spend.
- Guide the procurement process through Ironclad and Coupa, and ensure compliance with our procurement policies
- Work with Affirm’s Legal and Enterprise Risk Management teams on contract management and risk mitigation.
What we look for
- 2-3 years of experience in strategic partnerships, finance, venture capital, consulting, product management, investment banking, or business operations.
- Experience with multi-faceted business models, complex partnerships and contracts.
- Organizational, cross-functional communication and project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to read a situation, listen, frame a conversation and pitch when necessary.