Sr. FP&A Systems Manager at Wish
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
Wish is seeking a highly motivated Sr. FP&A Systems Manager to join Wish’s Financial Planning & Analysis team. The role will report to the Senior Director of FP&A, and will provide technical and creative skills to solve both data and systems challenges with enthusiasm. This role will be responsible for the implementation, production and maintenance of Wish’s key planning tool as well as running and maintaining its integration with Wish’s systems in Data Science and the company ERP, NetSuite. This position will have the opportunity to interact with multiple finance and technical teams across Wish providing a broad exposure to the business.
The successful candidate will have skills that can solve problems across a wide variety of technical challenges. Whether it's pulling data directly from the source database, surfacing information via a Tableau report, generating SQL reports, ensuring systems upkeep by building rules for our planning tool, or anything else, the FP&A Systems Manager will be there to help.
What you’ll do:
- Implement a company-wide financial planning tool currently in the vendor selection stage
- Liaise with multiple stakeholders across the organisation to ensure that the planning tool is up and running
- Manage the recurring forecasting and Wish FP&A business processes and make appropriate recommendations for automating time-consuming data retrieval tasks via reports & dashboards
- Participate in the development and implementation of new reporting tools and administer those tools going forward (i.e. Tableau)
- Act as systems analyst to create requirements for data or data models for the Data Science teams and other partner organizations
- Be an expert in finance, marketing, product and device (mobile vs. desktop) data needs for finance and business diagnostics
- Troubleshoot problems that team members encounter with the planning tool, Tableau or SQL reports
- Liaise and act as representative for Wish FP&A to other systems teams within the organization
- Share expertise and best practices with different finance and business functions
- 10+ years in a similar role at a technology or e-commerce related business
- Undergraduate degree ideally in a quantitative discipline such as Mathematics, Computer Science or related degree
- Required experience with implementation and management of financial planning systems such as Hyperion, Adaptive Planning, Planful (Host Analytics) or Anaplan
- Required experience with Netsuite and/or Oracle ERP systems
- Expert level knowledge of Tableau and SQL
- Desirable skills in tools for efficiently querying large databases such as MongoDB
- Required experience in a production environment setting up processes to be maintainable and scalable
- Extremely organized with the ability to work on and manage multiple projects within tight timelines
- Strong attention to detail
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.