Sr. Revenue Manager at RingCentral
What if the decisions you made changed the way the world communicates?
What if you had the freedom of a startup and the resources of a global enterprise?
You’d break new ground. Raise the bar for performance. And do career-defining work. That’s exactly the kind of environment we’re building together at RingCentral.
RingCentral's cloud-based communications platform connects more than 2 million users around the world, in ways that bring people, ideas, companies and customers together. We’re the largest and fastest-growing pure-play provider in our space - growing at more than 30% every year, with a market capitalization of over $18 billion!
RingCentral Finance careers provide unmatched opportunities for professional and personal growth. You’ll lead change. Build new systems and processes. Collaborate with and learn from the best.
We’re as proud of our working environment as we are of our market success. You’ll find all the training, opportunity and resources you could ever want here - with all the work/life benefits you expect, and none of the micromanagement. RingCentral regularly brings home Best Place To Work awards from locations all over the world, and outstanding company ratings on Glassdoor and Comparably!
RingCentral surrounds you with world-class technology and talent, in a people-first environment built from the ground up to help you do the best work of your career. We’re not just changing the nature of communication and teamwork. We’re winning, together.
Accounting team members ensure that RingCentral’s processes and systems are optimized for growth and change. As an active business partner, you will play a meaningful role in the FP&A process and have the opportunity to contribute to global teams across all finance areas.
We are looking for a high-energy, hands-on Senior Revenue Manager who can work in a collaborative and independent setting to join our team. This person will need to interpret, present, and explain sophisticated accounting issues to various internal business partners and external auditors, and must be able to develop and handle processes and controls. The Senior Revenue Manager will be expected to exhibit high professional standards and attention to detail while working on numerous routine and ad hoc accounting and billing operation support functions. Other valued attributes that we are seeking are a strong work ethic, and consistent performance with a sense of urgency and dedication.
- Ensure revenue recognition is in accordance with company policy and SaaS revenue recognition accounting standards
- Manage staff members on aspects of the month end and quarter end close activities
- Review deal/contract summaries for material completed transactions
- Review journal entries for revenue, deferred revenue and accounts receivable related accounts on a worldwide basis.
- Assist with financial audits including reconciliations, support documentation, and communication with external auditors
- Assist with leading and resolving Billing and Revenue Operation cases
- Support and participate on revenue accounting as well as order to cash cycle related projects.
- Assist in various projects as needed
- This position requires a bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration or related field and/or minimum of 5 years’ experience in accounting or finance.
- 2 years of people management experience.
- Experience of working with NetSuite or other major ERP systems is a plus.
- Microsoft Excel skills
- Must have software/SaaS experience.
- Must have proven verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to communicate complex information in a clear and concise manner.
Benefits and Amenities:
- Centrally located in Belmont, CA (close to highways 101, 280, and 92)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision
- Flexible PTO
- 401K match and ESPP
- Complimentary organic breakfast and lunch daily, and fully stocked break rooms
- On-site gym with free yoga and boot-camp classes
RingCentral is the worldwide leader in cloud-based communications. Our software communications platform delivers phone, group chat, mobile communications, video calls, videoconference, contact center and AI-driven digital engagement. It’s a powerful, global presence that allows businesses to communicate anywhere, anytime with anyone.
RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that truly values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.