Staff Accountant at Credible
Who is Credible?
We believe life’s changes create financial needs for people and that the traditional financial system often puts up unnecessary obstacles. People celebrate major milestones like going to college, getting married, and buying a home. And most of the time, these milestones come with financial implications.
At Credible, we have built a company with the mission of bringing transparency, choice, simple processes and savings to accessing credit for life’s important moments. What you see is what you get. We are committed to being upfront, honest, and clear about your options. There are no mysteries, no hidden fees, and no secret clauses.
Credible is a fast-growing Fintech company with world class management. We are disrupting the lending market to help people save money and get out of debt faster. Join us.
About The Role:
Credible is seeking an ambitious Staff Accountant to support the financial department by taking ownership of daily accounting and reporting responsibilities as well as managing our payroll. You will be a core member of a small, dedicated and highly productive team of professionals focused on delivering excellence as a department. We have a collaborative work environment and host regular team and office events. We believe in operating with transparency and support and encourage career growth.
Preparing financial statements and reporting will represent the majority of the Staff Accountant’s day-to-day work. The staff accountant will also be responsible for managing payroll. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in accounting principles and able to work comfortably with numbers and have rigorous attention to detail.
The goal of the Finance department is to contribute to the overall efficiency of Credible’s operations and empower Management with real-time insights into the Company’s financial performance
- Assist with the updating and maintaining earning and deduction codes as well as user permissions within ADP Workforce Now
- Prepare payroll journal entries and post to the accounting system (we use Xero)
- Prepare monthly reconciliation between ADP payroll reports and general ledger
- Assist with the preparation of annual benefit filings (Form 5500, SF Healthcare ordinance), ACA reporting and other compliance filings
- Support HR in benefits related issues (health insurance, 401(k), workers’ compensation)
General Ledger & Other:
- Record cash activities and prepare bank reconciliations
- Prepare month-end close entries and related balance sheet account reconciliations
- Maintain fixed asset and related depreciation expense calculations
- Ensure ability to manage entire disbursement cycle (credit cards, manual checks, Bill.com) and cash collections process and be able to serve as a backup to the lead, if needed
- Assist with annual audit and all other compliance reporting with the Australian Securities Exchange (“ASX”)
- Maintain and organize all personnel action notices (PANs) related to payroll and ensure timely processing
- Using ADP Workforce Now to process semi-monthly exempted and bi-weekly hourly payroll
- Review ADP payroll preview reports and related supporting documents to ensure accuracy before forwarding the information to the Controller for review and sign-off
- Troubleshooting and resolving payroll related questions submitted by the employees in a timely manner
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance
Personality and Values:
- Takes initiative; when you see something that could be improved, you improve it. No job is too big or too small.
- Loves making order out of chaos; you want to design systems that are tailored to Credible’s evolving needs
Why work at Credible
We are a fast moving, fun-loving, seriously smart group of people who really care about impacting the lives of our customers. We empower our employees to make decisions, take risks, drive our business and make changes when we don’t get it right. These are our values:
- Exceed Customer Expectations: We provide an exceptional experience to each and every customer that compels them to share it with others.
- Take Ownership: We are trusted to make decisions that are in the best interests of our customers and our business. We think and act like owners. We care – and that makes all the difference.
- Be Curious: We are curious, ask questions, seek to understand and try new things.
- Do the Right Thing: We earn trust by being transparent, respectful and honest with each person with whom we interact.
- Get Results: Results fuel our excitement and we know how our personal accomplishments tie to the success of the company
- Be Bold: We are courageous and take risks that scare us. Our enthusiasm for experimenting is how we will find the next breakthrough.
Our benefits: We offer competitive compensation, generous benefits, free food and a flexible vacation policy.
But mainly, you want to work at Credible because you believe in our mission and want to have a major role in delivering on it! We look forward to getting to know you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.