Staff Accountant at DoorDash
It’s an exciting time to join our rapidly growing Accounting team with ample development opportunities. We're looking for a highly motivated Staff Accountant who is eager to learn and scale with us. You will work closely with other general ledger accounting staff on day-to-day accounting operations.About the Role
- Prepare journal entries and monthly account reconciliations for specific areas of the general ledger
- Key owner of the monthly close process for US and foreign entities for specific areas
- Ensure financial records are maintained for Management and GAAP Consolidated financial statements using accepted policies and procedures
- Assist in providing deliverables to external auditor on annual audits and quarterly reviews
- Communicate with FP&A, employees and external parties regarding relevant accounting matters
- Manage service desk for the accounting team for internal and external partners
- Ad-hoc analyses and projects
- You are self-motivated and self-managed - able to think independently, creatively, and opportunistically
- You have a “get-it-done mindset” - you're able to handle stress well, humble and scrappy!
- You can successfully balance between attention to detail and swift execution
- You have a good understanding of both financial and operations controls
- You possess strong written a verbal communication skills
- 2+ years of relevant accounting experience, CPA certification a strong plus
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Experience with ERP software is a must (Netsuite preferred)
- Strong spreadsheet skills, with the ability to manipulate and digest large amounts of data required
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.