Strategic Finance Lead at Chime
Chime is the largest and fastest-growing player in the challenger-banking space, providing mobile and online banking technology in the U.S. and facilitating over 5M accounts with no physical branches. We’re a technology company relentlessly focused on helping our members achieve financial peace of mind. That’s why we offer access to an award-winning bank account that doesn’t charge hidden fees, can give members early access to their paychecks, and enables them to grow their savings automatically. And we’re just getting started. We are proud of our mission, devoted to our members, and passionate about applying technology to the challenge of making financial health a reality for everyone.
We have one of the most experienced management teams in Fintech and have raised over $800M in funding from DST, General Atlantic, Iconiq, Coatue, Dragoneer, Menlo, Access, Forerunner, and others. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you.
About the Role
We’re seeking a Strategic Finance Lead to join the Finance team at Chime. As a member of the Finance team, you will have a key role in developing and shaping our business and financial strategy, as well as execute on a number of high-impact cross-functional initiatives at the company. You will help us better understand our business model to drive continuous improvement of KPIs, collaborate with business partners to evaluate the ROI of products, features and initiatives and develop dashboards and analytical frameworks that will guide the executive team. We are looking for someone who is an analytical problem-solver and who can break down complex problems into actionable components without losing sight of the overall strategy.
- New Business Initiatives
- Evaluate TAM, revenue and profit opportunity for new products and features
- Build and maintain unit economic frameworks to evaluate the ROI of various products, features and business strategies and guide team decision-making
- Partner with Corporate Strategy team to support acquisition target analyses, including financial due diligence
- Business Partner Strategic Analysis
- Collaborate with business units to develop financial models to track and improve KPIs
- Develop reporting and dashboards to advise and inform Finance team and executive leadership on business unit and product performance
- Facilitate deal negotiations with vendors and partners, including financial analysis
- Financial Strategy
- Maintain Chime’s consolidated corporate finance model and collaborate with the FP&A function to support financial planning process
- Develop board materials, fundraising materials and other external reporting to advise investors and other key stakeholders on overall company financial health
- Build financial and operational metrics dashboards to report key insights
- 5+ years of experience; 2+ years of experience at high-growth technology or financial technology startup; prior experience in strategic finance or corporate strategy roles a plus
- 2+ years of experience in investment banking, private equity, venture capital or consulting
- Expertise in Excel - you can build scalable, efficient, and intuitive models with ease; Experience with Looker, SQL a plus
- Strong analytical, financial modeling and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and communicate with key stakeholders, cross-functional partners and senior leadership
- Eagerness to dig into the details and move quickly at a hyper-growth fintech startup
What we offer
- Competitive salary based on experience, medical and dental benefits, as well as a 401k match
- Free snacks and drinks, plus weekly catered lunches.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Monthly happy hours and company events.
- A challenging and fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech and help create a completely new kind of banking service.
We know great work isn’t done alone. We’re building a team of individuals to Chime in with their different strengths to benefit our employees and members. We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects and uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.