Strategic Finance Lead at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We're looking for a hardworking and analytically minded professional to join the Strategic Finance team! Strategic Finance is responsible for owning company financial and KPI forecasts, driving company strategy, and performing financial analyses throughout the company. Your work will help set team level goals, annual budgets, and investor guidance and will build the infrastructure to hold the company accountable to achieving its goals. You will have a unique opportunity to work cross-functionally and use quantitative insights to drive better decision-making across the whole organization. The ideal candidate will not only have superb technical skills but also strong interpersonal skills and the ability to influence cross-functionally and to present to all levels of the organization.
What you'll do
- Design, build, and own a user-based forecasting model that will inform commercial and product teams as well as drive company strategy and decision making
- Drive business outcomes by developing automated user, merchant and financial analytics dashboards and reporting infrastructure
- Analyze and report realized financial performance to Executives and other company leaders
- Help establish performance measurements, targets, ensure overall analytic rigor in decision making, and overall accountability
- Join a scrappy, tight-knit team with outsized cross-functional impact and ownership
What we look for
- Passion and drive to disrupt the lending and financial industry for the better
- 3+ years experience in analytically-driven roles (analytics, data science, consulting, finance, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of SQL and Python or R
- Excellent proficiency in predictive analytics and forecasting
- Excel modeling experience preferred (you should be prepared for a financial model case study)
- Ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment
We’re excited to announce that Affirm is now a remote-first company! This role can be located anywhere in the U.S. Remote based employees may occasionally travel to an Affirm office for meetings or team building events. Our offices in San Francisco, New York City, Pittsburgh, Chicago, and Salt Lake City will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.