Technical Revenue Accountant
Blend makes the process of getting a loan simpler, faster, and safer. With its digital lending platform, Blend helps financial institutions including Wells Fargo and U.S. Bank increase productivity and deliver exceptional customer experiences. The company processes nearly $2 billion in loans daily, helping millions of consumers gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
Blend's Finance team is growing like crazy, and we are looking for someone amazing to come help guide and grow the function. The team is hard-working, razor-sharp, and very well-versed in the world of pre-IPO tech finance! Read on to understand more about what this person will do and what we believe it will take to do the job.
How you'll contribute:
- Review customer contracts and order documentation to ensure accurate revenue recognition with ASC 606
- Ensure contract details are accurately set up in NetSuite to support billing and revenue recognition processes
- Generate invoices in NetSuite in accordance with contractual terms
- Partner with cross-functional groups to drive standard methodologies and scalable revenue processes to support a timely month-end close
- Research accounting standards and document Company’s position on various revenue transactions
- Perform Revenue and AR month-end close activities: prepare journal entries and reconciliations
- Support external audit requirements
- Deliver on ad-hoc projects as necessary
Who you are:
- Minimum of 3 years SaaS industry experience, Big 4 public accounting experience preferred
- Knowledge of revenue recognition standard - ASC 606
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA a plus
- Month-end close experience with order-to-cash cycle required
- Experience with NetSuite and Salesforce preferred
- Detail oriented, ability to multi-task and work independently
Benefits and Perks:
- Meaningful equity and a 401(k) plan
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Sponsored gym memberships, ClassPass credits, or wellness stipend.
- Lunch, dinner, snacks, and Pizza Fridays
- On-site meditation, yoga, and massages
- Flexible work schedule, with open vacation policy
- 4 months of paid parental or personal leave
- Convenient location, with parking programs, and flexible commuter options
Blend is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, inclusion and belonging. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with applicable law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Read Full Job Description