Treasury Accountant at Upwork
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
The finance team is looking for team members that can continue to help transform the organization to the next level. We strive to become a truly best-in-class finance organization. We are looking for team members that are proactive, strive for continuous improvement, metrics driven, put ethics and integrity first, enjoy hard-working environments and like having fun.Your Responsibilities:
- Complete and provide fluctuation analysis of monthly processor and bank fees and transaction volume;
- Monitor and forecast cash balances and cash flow needs at several banks;
- Assist by analyzing, coding and monitoring implementation of automated matching system;
- Initiate bank transfer request to ensure timely funding;
- Assist in monthly financial close with cash, customer accounts, and payment related expense reconciliations;
- Utilize reporting from processors, banks and the platform to complete variance analysis, research, and remediation;
- Reconcile key high-volume cash accounts, maintain controls and process - document and confirm that all variances are closed out prior to the following periodic close;
- Download reports from the System to confirm Fx trades;
- Liaise with cross-functional teams to develop process improvements and system implementations; and
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are a must for this position
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and to manage priorities to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical skills (i.e., trends, benchmark, and fluctuation analysis);
- Strong Excel/Google Sheets skills (i.e., pivot tables, lookup tables, functions)
- Prior experience in Oracle R12 a plus
- Prior experience with Blackline, foreign exchange, and intercompany transactions
- A minimum of 1-3 years of industry experience including month-end close, and high volume reconciliation preparation
- CPA or CFA is a plus
- Marketplace or technology industry experience
- Treasury and banking background is a plus
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. Whether you’re working from our offices in San Francisco, Santa Clara, and Chicago or are part of our globally distributed team, we’re working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. Our vibrant culture is built on a common mission and shared values. As we create economic opportunities so that people have better lives, our employees build amazing teams, put our community first and have a bias towards action. We encourage team Upwork to bring their whole selves to work through learning and development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. All that and amazing benefits too? We’ve got you covered (especially with our company favorite, Work Online Wednesdays). Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.