VAT Compliance Manager at Wish
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
Wish is looking for a VAT Compliance Manager. You will be working together with the Global Indirect Sr. Tax Planning Manager who is based in the EU Headquarter in Amsterdam and will be responsible for handling non-US Indirect Tax obligation in countries such as LATAM, EU and Canada.
The ideal candidate is passionate about Wish and e-commerce, has a strong analytical mindset, deep understanding of compliance, and has the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment delivering against tight deadlines, and a passion for scaling operations through automation.
You are a proven VAT Tax Compliance Manager with an in-depth knowledge of current and upcoming VAT regulations in Latin America, EU, Canada but also have a global understanding of Indirect Tax matters particularly relevant for the e-commerce sector.
What you'll be doing:
- Working in a quickly changing environment, i.e. legislative changes, business concepts and other legal frameworks.
- Managing relationships with 3rd party Compliance partners and advisors; ensure meeting regulatory requirements, deadlines and other compliance aspects
- Ensure full compliance of administration and reporting of VAT and Duty on behalf of Wish and ensure that all tax payments are complied with
- Providing VAT support by analyzing data, support reconciliation processes
- Support other global tax projects i.e. invoicing requirements,
- Coordinate, facilitate and host internal and external tax reviews and audits
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Accounting, Tax and related field required
- 5-8 years of related work experience in Indirect Tax for Latin America, EU and Canada. Other country specific tax jurisdictions are an advantage.
- Spanish and/or Portuguese language is an advantage
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organization skills; adheres to deadlines
- Highly results focused with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent team player, able to develop strong relationships with colleagues and peers and build productive working relationships across functional areas
- Understanding of financial concepts and transactions and basic accounting skills
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.