Vice President, Finance
Credible.com (“Credible”) is looking for a high performance, operationally-focused professional to serve as its Vice President, Finance (“VP of Finance”). Based in our offices in San Francisco, this represents an exciting and unique opportunity to own the finance function of a rapidly growing financial technology (“Fintech”) company.
The VP of Finance will report directly to the CEO, and will work closely with Credible’s COO, and Credible’s parent company, FOX Corporation. The successful candidate will be operationally excellent, and will take on primary responsibility for financial reporting, budgeting, FP&A, internal financial processes, accounting operations, tax compliance and overall financial management of the company.
Who is Credible?
We believe life’s changes create financial needs for people and that the traditional financial system often puts up unnecessary obstacles. People celebrate major milestones like going to college, getting married, and buying a home. And most of the time, these milestones come with financial implications.
At Credible, we have built a company with the mission of bringing transparency, choice, simple processes and savings to accessing credit for life’s important moments. What you see is what you get. We are committed to being upfront, honest, and clear about your options. There are no mysteries, no hidden fees, and no secret clauses.
Credible is a fast-growing Fintech company that has world class management, is well funded, is generating significant revenue, is disrupting the lending market, and is helping people save money and get out of debt faster.
- Lead Credible’s Finance team and execute all aspects of Credible’s day-to-day financial operations including financial reporting, AR & AP, payroll and treasury-related activities in partnership with Credible’s Financial Controller and finance team
- Design and prepare the annual company budget. Lead the executive team through an efficient budgeting process, by designing and implementing scalable, low touch, budgeting processes. Prepare budget variance analysis throughout the year in order to keep the executive team apprised of performance against targets
- Own Credible’s FP&A processes through a deep understanding of the key financial drivers of Credible’s business. Generate timely, fact-based, recommendations to foster growth, and to improve profitability and operating efficiency
- Oversee Credible’s tax and audit functions in partnership with Credible’s Financial Controller. Manage audits and preparation of periodic tax preparation and filings with federal, state and local tax authorities
- Turn Credible’s long term strategic plans into reality, in partnership with the executive team, through the development of OKRs appropriate to support the company's strategic direction
- Develop and maintain all required financial systems, risk management, internal controls and operational processes / tools to increase effectiveness of the overall finance function as Credible continues to scale
- Proactively evaluate risk factors impacting business decisions, help to balance risk management vs. business opportunity, speed, innovation and growth, and be able to anticipate potential financial risks that could impact the Company. Manage Credible’s insurance coverage and carrier relationships
- Work closely with the COO and People Operations team at Credible to monitor and execute responsibilities relating to Credible’s employee compensation, benefits and incentive schemes
- Work closely with Credible’s Business Intelligence (“BI”) team to derive insights and leverage data to improve the efficiency of Credible’s financial operations
- When appropriate, manage any corporate finance related activity, including due diligence, negotiation and execution of material corporate transactions such as acquisitions and/or strategic partnerships in partnership with the CEO and Credible’s parent company
- Oversee the operations of Credible’s Finance team and recruit, develop and retain a high-performing team that effectively collaborates with the rest of the organization
- Partner with other individuals at Credible to interface and manage relationships with both internal stakeholders (including collaborating and driving synergies with Credible’s parent company) and external parties (including banks, insurers, advisors and audit firms)
Education, Qualification & Skills
The successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate excellent judgment, strong commercial acumen and will be exceptionally well organized
- Have 10+ years finance experience, ideally with growth-stage companies (financial services, financial technology and/or technology company experience preferred) and significant experience in accounting, FP&A and corporate finance
- Be detail-oriented, focused, exceptionally motivated, highly insightful and be capable of delivering a high volume of error-free output
- Demonstrate an ability to take ownership and deliver results
- Have superb analytic, technical and planning skills
- Have executive presence and an ability to bring together a variety of teams to deliver against key priorities, and will have a proven track record of coaching, mentoring, and developing managers
- Have earned an undergraduate degree, MBA strongly preferred
- CA/CPA/CIMA (preferred)
Why you want to work at Credible
We are a fast moving, fun-loving, seriously smart group of people who really care about impacting the lives of our customers. We empower our employees to make decisions, take risks, drive our business and make changes when we don’t get it right. These are our values:
- Exceed Customer Expectations: We provide an exceptional experience to each and every customer that compels them to share it with others.
- Take Ownership: We are trusted to make decisions that are in the best interests of our customers and our business. We think and act like owners. We care – and that makes all the difference.
- Be Curious: We are curious, ask questions, seek to understand and try new things.
- Do the Right Thing: We earn trust by being transparent, respectful and honest with each person with whom we interact.
- Get Results: Results fuel our excitement and we know how our personal accomplishments tie to the success of the company
- Be Bold: We are courageous and take risks that scare us. Our enthusiasm for experimenting is how we will find the next breakthrough.
Our benefits: We offer competitive compensation, generous benefits, free food and a flexible vacation policy. But mainly, you want to work at Credible because you believe in our mission and want to play a major role in delivering on it! We look forward to getting to know you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.