Udemy is seeking a Vice President of Finance, based in San Francisco, CA, to lead our Financial Planning & Analysis function. In this role, you will own and evolve our planning and forecasting processes, measure and present financial and non-financial metrics, and drive business insights and partnership across the company to build, optimize, and scale both a consumer marketplace and an enterprise business.
You will be a key leader at Udemy and serve as the financial interface between Finance and other highly cross-functional teams. You will be responsible for delivering value-added analyses that lead to thoughtful decision-making. You will bring best practices to accurately planning, forecasting, and operating the business as well as advising on the business strategy by developing and tracking key metrics. You will monitor performance against the initiatives of the company and will be one of the key financial voices on the leadership team.
You dive in to understand and act on all activities associated with high-growth businesses. You are humble and curious. You possess a strong collaborative approach and are able to build effective relationships with cross-functional departments to deliver accurate results. You seek to understand business drivers, KPIs, and blockers. You have strong organizational and communication skills and are able to balance competing priorities. You take initiative and are able to work in a dynamic environment across all levels of management, functions, and geographies. You are confident, energetic, demonstrate good judgment, and are able to influence outcomes globally.
What you'll do:
- Provide leadership to the Company's finance functions and directly manage the Company's FP&A team.
- Lead, manage, and scale the finance function (team, system implementation, and process development) through periods of rapid growth.
- Own all financial reporting, budgeting, financial analysis, risk management, and internal reporting to leadership and the Company’s Board of Directors.
- Drive financial initiatives across a broad array of activities within an industry-leading company.
- Balance leadership and management skills with a hands-on approach to financial reporting functions.
We're excited because you'll have:
- +10 years experience in a financial leadership position at a public company, high-growth private company, or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- Deep understanding of financial principles including US GAAP, best practices, procedures, and controls on manual and automated systems.
- Proven ownership of financial reporting, financial processes, and key metrics in multi-faceted businesses.
- Independent judgment within established systems and processes and make recommendations that improve systems and processes.
- Managerial and executive presence to persuade others to achieve excellence and to foster an environment of openness and teamwork.
- Strong communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively with all areas and levels of the company.
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 35 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News
Udemy Raises 50 Million at a 2 Billion Dollar Valuation from Japanese Publisher Benesse
Paid Paternity Leave Should be the Norm in the U.S.
Breakdown of Most In-Demand Skills for 2020—Finance, Marketing, Sales and Engineering
How Investing in Yourself Today Will Set You Up for Career Success Tomorrow
Feedback Isn’t the Problem, but the Way That We Deliver It Is Broken
Read Full Job Description