The VP of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) supports the global organization to achieve strategic and financial goals. In this role, you will lead and scale our F,P,&A function, which is responsible for all planning processes, including annual planning, monthly and quarterly rolling forecasts, and multi-year plans. The role will also have responsibility over capital allocation criteria setting and will partner with the appropriate business leaders to drive effective investment decisions.
In this strategic role you will interact with company leaders across geographies and functional groups to develop and maintain our strategic plans, investments, and business results. Your excellent analytical, communications skills, and energetic can-do attitude will be instrumental in helping our business scale. This role also taps into your proven process and systems thinking and passion for operational excellence. You will lead and collaborate with other leaders to streamline our annual planning process and drive sophistication, speed and accuracy around our monthly, quarterly, yearly, and multi-year forecasting processes. All of these expectations require your established rigor around our capital allocation discussions, including, but not limited to, areas of M&A and Corporate Development.About you:
You have a strong academic background, master-level modeling skills and systems-thinker orientation. Your deep working knowledge of SaaS and usage-based business models for a late-stage private / public-company is an area of particular interest. You have led an F,P,&A team through the rigors of public company reporting cycles and are eager to roll-up your sleeves to establish similar best practices within a late-stage private, hyper-growth software company.What you’ll do:
- Lead the F,P,&A function and development of multi-year operating plans and set financial objectives and key metrics in conjunction with the CFO.
- Lead, while driving efficiency and accuracy, full company planning cycles including the annual operating plan and monthly/quarterly P&L forecasting processes
- Partner with the leadership team to help translate business strategies and objectives into financial goals and outcomes
- Establish and align standardization around Usage-Based and SaaS metrics for both internal and external reporting purposes
- Establish the appropriate infrastructure and cadence necessary to provide relevant stakeholders with timely commentary and insights into KPIs and operational results
- Lead and inspire a team of finance professionals to help them continue to learn and grow
- Elevate and scale processes and systems for forecasting and modeling in order to expediently provide forward-looking financial guidance, support strategic product and growth investments, and drive other investment decisions
- Oversee quarterly Board of Directors financial materials and the annual budget package
- Establish structure and thresholds for capital allocation decisions
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or equivalent experience. CPA/CFA a plus, MBA strongly preferred
- 15+ years combined experience in FP&A, investment banking or management consulting, with a particular focus on financial modeling, and forecasting short, medium and long term plans
- Expert at developing financial and business metrics for SaaS and Usage-Based business models
- Intimate knowledge of reporting requirements for a pre and post public-company environment
- Proven experience in scaling companies and supporting teams within a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Effective and persuasive in leading change, applying business acumen, company values and emotional intelligence that inspires others
- High emotional intelligence and ability to effectively steer conversations and influence others through effective engagement
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; proven ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, Directors / Investors, Customers, and Vendors
- Leader by example, able to roll up the sleeves, manage teams and mentor individuals that results in high performing teams
- Deep familiarity with CRM/ERP systems and forecasting & reporting tools (Salesforce, Netsuite, Planful a plus)
- Strong business and financial acumen to see and model the current and future state of F,P,&A
- Effective collaborator at all levels; able to lead, follow or get out of the way to inspire collaboration and execution
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those who are enthusiastic about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.
If you’re interested in joining the team at CircleCI, please send a resumé and cover letter describing what inspires you and why you think you are a good fit for the team. If you contribute to an open source project, write a blog, or have a presence on the web (GitHub, Twitter, Stack, etc.) we would love to hear about it.About CircleCI
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Owl Rock, NextEquity Partners, Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, and Harrison Metal Capital. Learn more at https://circleci.com.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.