Vice President, Revenue Operations at Udemy
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:10 a.m. (PST) on Friday, April 17, 2020
ABOUT THE ROLE:
In this role you lead a team that manages the informational and operational flows across the revenue funnel for Udemy for Business. Rather than independent units of sales operations, marketing operations, and customer operations, we are centralizing these functions into a single revenue operations so a single group can conceptualize and manage our business from Lead to Closed Won opportunities.
The ideal candidate possesses a broad understanding of enterprise SaaS Sales, Marketing, and Customers success and what great operations look like in each of these disciplines. You are an expert in Sales ops or Marketing automation, and have a strong understanding/interest in the other side of the house. You are data-driven, detail-oriented, customer-focused, business-minded, and intellectually curious. You understand how impactful data can be in determining the right strategy, and how important smooth operations are to executing that strategy. You roll up your sleeves, but also thrive in building teams in highly dynamic environments while implementing the necessary processes and tools to advance best practices for our organization. Fundamentally, you want to lead a great team while building out a new model for driving operations in a SaaS business.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Marketing Operations: Work with the Marketing team to understand business goals and strategies, manage and build out our Marketo implementation, create the framework for executing strong top-of-funnel and mid-funnel programs
- Sales Operations: Work with Sales team to understand goals and strategies, own our Salesforce instance, create a roadmap for salesforce and potential future products/integrations, manage information flows, conceptualize and deliver the reporting that will allow the team to truly drive the business
- Sales Compensation Management: support the development, implementation, and execution of compensation plans and quota attainment/incentive compensation calculations
- Customer Operations: Over time this role will begin to take on responsibility for our Gainsight implementation and partner with our Customer success team to build an operational system
- Execution: Manage day-to-day operational tasks, including but not limited to salesforce.com database quality and optimization of the Sales execution workflow. Marketo data quality and structure management, and operational campaign execution. Rigorous measurement of the business, including a keen eye towards helping answer the question “what should we measure” rather than leading a reporting function.
- Business Enablement: Provide vision, guidance, resources to the Sales Enablement team to optimize effectiveness of customer-facing team.
We’re excited about you because you have:
- 6+ years of experience in a Sales or Marketing Operations role with at least 2-3 years of experience managing a team, preferably within a fast-growing data or enterprise software company.
- Strong understanding of Salesforce and/or Marketo
- Strong experience working with a distributed sales force working across a breadth of geographies.
- Strong understanding of SaaS business operations and what great looks like
- Intense curiosity and an innovative spirit
- Keen business acumen, strong analytics, troubleshooting, problem-solving, and project management skills.
- The ability to work effectively in an unstructured environment requiring new perspectives and creative approaches.
We believe anyone can build the life they imagine through online learning. Today, more than 50 million students around the world are advancing their careers and passions by exploring and mastering new skills on Udemy, and expert instructors are able to share their knowledge with the world. Through our global marketplace and our solutions for businesses and governments, we connect people everywhere with the skills they need for success in work and life. We’re a close-knit bunch that enjoys problem-solving and collaboration, and we share a serious belief in the power of learning and teaching to change lives. Udemy’s culture encourages innovation, creativity, passion, and teamwork. We also celebrate our milestones and support each other every day.
Founded in 2010, Udemy is privately owned and headquartered in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood with offices in Denver (Colorado), Dublin (Ireland), Ankara (Turkey), Gurugram (India), and São Paulo (Brazil).
Udemy in the News
Udemy Raises 50 Million at a 2 Billion Dollar Valuation from Japanese Publisher Benesse
Paid Paternity Leave Should be the Norm in the U.S.
Breakdown of Most In-Demand Skills for 2020—Finance, Marketing, Sales and Engineering
How Investing in Yourself Today Will Set You Up for Career Success Tomorrow
Feedback Isn’t the Problem, but the Way That We Deliver It Is Broken
Read Full Job Description